Whinny For Me Farm's First 2010 Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations [/SIZE]

Cannot wait for my foals this year.
default_wub.png

Congratulations! She's a real cutie.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Anxiously awaiting the start of my foaling season, too cold (most years) this far north to go too early (plus I need to wait til we are about done with calving).

Congratulations Jill on a beautiful filly! She reminds me of DunIt when he was a baby. And can I just say that your mare is ADORABLE??? I absolutely love her!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!! She's gorgeous - you must be so thrilled, what a way to start your foaling season. I love Momma too
default_wub.png

Anna

Congratulations Jill she is just darling.

Arlene

Thank you, everyone! It was hard to sleep last night because I kept wanting to watch Bliss and Hope on their monitor and kept thinking about Bliss.

We love Ducky so much and had really hoped for a full sister to him, and that's what we got. And, she did actually take me by surprise. I thoughoughly checked Hope Sunday evening including looking at / in her vulva to see if she was any darker (honestly, was looking to set my benchmark). Her udder was maybe about 1/3 of what I'd have expected for her to foal the next day and all I could get out was a tiny drop that looked and felt like water. So... they can be sneaky for sure.

Bliss is Hope's 4th foal and she's a 2004 mare. She's one of my favorites. She is kind of a hot natured horse, but extremely loving. You cannot scratch her without her trying to love back on you. And she takes great care of her babies but isn't at all worried about people handling them.

This morning, I have an eye doctor's appointment. I'd so much rather stay home and play with Bliss and get more pictures. I'll have to run out and get a good look at her in the light before we leave (H is nice enough to feed this morning). No telling the degree to which I can see by when I get home. My right eye is giving me a fit and if both eyes were like that one, I wouldn't see anything but a blur... So, for once, I'm actually hoping the doctor gives me a shot in the eye or something to fix it back.

Congratulations Jill!!!!! What a pretty girl! I love her curls
default_wub.png

Your not the only one watching the cameras at bedtime, we have a switcher on ours and that is how I go to sleep at night is watching the little ones in the pens with mom. We usually leave them out if it isn't raining, but it is still so cold at night we have been stalling them at night. Nice way to go to sleep isn't it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ladies!
default_wub.png

Bliss is doing really well. The vet was out this afternoon to do a plasma transfusion (we do this for all our foals) and she was impressed with Bliss' looks and how strong and active she is. She is the strongest foal we've had in terms of energy and being so feisty so early on
default_biggrin.png
This is the vet who fell in love with "Piper" last year
default_smile.png

Maybe it really IS a redhead thing to be fiery?!?
default_yes.gif

Back