Which way does he look better?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like the look of him razored, he looks like he dipped his nose in something and it does nothing for him. Sorry!

My palomino was shown body clipped in a 10, face clipped in a 30 (all over and blended at the neck) and trimmed on the day on the muzzle and in the ears, then he had clear make up applied. I really hate the razor look on pale horses though, it takes a very, VERY well done clip and blend to do it any favours.

I have a light palomino gelding. I've shown him both ways. I love him best when clipped with a #50 on his muzzle but not razored or really "glossed up".

DSC_1094_zps1a7848ce.jpg

This is my best boy, LM Idols Cuervo Straight (Lucky)

I personally hate the razoring. I have razored in the past, but personally prefer a nicely blended head with nose and eyes done with a 50. I have a pinto gelding that took two reserve world champion titles this year at the Pinto Worlds and he was not razored. The 50 takes off plenty hair and leaves the skin to where it can easily be "shined up".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back