Which one would you choose?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill, LOVE that photo! I want one too!
I've seen footage of the babies and just think they are the cutest thing on the planet! And videos of elephants reunited with one another, embracing their old friends with their trunks, etc. Just such DEPTH to their minds and their bonds to each other.

Baby_Pygmy_Hippo_1.jpg

I'd like this little fella along with the baby elephants Jill mentioned.

Wallaby, hedgehog, and a few others that were mentioned I can see any day of the week.

I really dont know what I would have, but I would give anything to have my riding gelding back.

Okapi are pretty cool as well.

A giraffe... and some Otters! I love watching Otters play. I'd have to have that pool for them!

Otters if handled are super sweet, but needy

There's a great movie and book about a man who gets a pet otter called "Ring of Bright Water". It's a pretty old movie but it's well worth watching.

default_yes.gif
Actually I have always wanted a Musk Ox.....
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I always wanted a monkey,until my daughters friend had one and it was mean as can be and also very very messy! I do bird and dog rescue, and feel that I am living my dream with them, so hard to say. Koala bears are awfully cute and I love prairie dogs:)

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Since it's a fantasy pet I'd have to say a Giraffe! I know it's not real but the tiny, tiny giraffe on the pillow in those commercials I want!!!

I am perfectly happy with my kitties--don't have any desire for anything too exotic ...maybe a skunk, especially a white one.

hmm.. My first thought was Otter... I love how sweet there are and they are just adorable... I also would love a skunk but they are illegal in KS to have as pets (I realize that wouldn't be an issue with a fantasy though)...

But if money/space/temperment were not an issue I would love to have a Rhino... I LOVE going to the zoo to see them! They are my favorite... Especially the babies...

You could settle for a zebra, they smell like a skunk........

My college roommate's parents owned exotic animals. They have since gotten out of that and had started doing it as a sort of rescue when they saw the baby tigers being sold at the Amish auctions. But I used to go up and visit them. I cannot describe the thrill of standing by the tiger enclosure and holding your hand flat against the fence and letting them rub their sides up against you and "chuff" - I actually got to pet a tiger!

I also had to help chase a wallaby that got into the wrong enclosure once - they are fast little beggers! They also had wolves, bears, otters, jaguar, camels, zebras, arctic fox and some primates. It was a neat experience to go up there.

Barbara

I worked with otters at the zoo...they SMELL. Let's just say, a diet of fish and lots of water makes for some really gross enclosure cleaning. And they have very, very sharp teeth.

What great bird pics! I have an African Grey, they are great birds. Well, he's great when he isn't trying to regurgitate on me. If I could have anything (and have it love me), Id go for a hybrid macaw. They are just so amazing (but so tempermental).

Raccoons, skunks and an F-1 Savannah Cat are all on my to-own list. I also wouldn't mind having ferrets again. My ex and I had a rescue of sorts, and had about 25-30 at any given time.

I worked with otters at the zoo...they SMELL. Let's just say, a diet of fish and lots of water makes for some really gross enclosure cleaning. And they have very, very sharp teeth.

What great bird pics! I have an African Grey, they are great birds. Well, he's great when he isn't trying to regurgitate on me. If I could have anything (and have it love me), Id go for a hybrid macaw. They are just so amazing (but so tempermental).
Thats weird, maybe because they were inclosed and maybe not clean? My aunt has an otter, yes she has sharp teeth but she doesnt really smell. She has a slight scent and oily skin but cant say a smell, at least not one that draws your attention.

A black panther with emerald green eyes. I find them beautiful and so majestic.

Thats weird, maybe because they were inclosed and maybe not clean? My aunt has an otter, yes she has sharp teeth but she doesnt really smell. She has a slight scent and oily skin but cant say a smell, at least not one that draws your attention.
I'm sure its just like being saying that ferrets stink. My ferrets (even when we had upwards of 30) never smelled. Most people who came over were amazed that you couldn't smell them. Bedding washed a couple times a week and litterboxes cleaned twice a day. Ferrets almost never got baths. If you held one up to your nose you could smell them, but I don't think that they stink. Its like horses, they have a wonderful smell
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back