Which mare should I sell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I have a friend who wants to purchase a mare and I can't decide which one to sell her. I like things about both mares.

The first mare is my AMHA/AMHR registered cremello 31", 7 year old. She is a bombproof driving horse, but I don't drive her because I don't like her short little steps.

Tomortsm.jpg
Tomoltsm.jpg

The second mare is a 5 year old 34" AMHA registered tobiano. We are in the process of training her to drive. I lover her long lean neck and big doe eyes.

Devinertsm.jpg
Devinelt2sm.jpg

Please help me make a decision.

eeny meeny miny mo ............

Keep the one that is the sweetest.....hard to choose they are so different.... on the other hand

I would keep the bay pinto cause she is the most refined and on the other hand cremello make excellent dilutes....

:saludando:

On on the latest hand...

Let your friend decide which one she wants...

I guess it would depend on your intended purpose for the horse you want to keep. If it is driving I would pick the tobiano. Breeding I would pick the cremello. JMO.

Couple of things to think about. Does this friend know anything about horses or minis in particular? The cremello mare looks like she knows about showing (nice arch in her neck) and you say she drives (bombproof). That would be a great horse for a beginner!

I'm prejudiced toward pintos so if I were you I'd want to keep the pinto and finish her training.

Just one person's opinion.

Is the pinto mare a much better mover? Just a somewhat better mover? Are you mostly going to be driving, or breeding, or?

As much as I like a big moving horse, from the photos I'd be inclined to keep the cremello. But it's not my decision :lol:

Is the pinto mare a much better mover? Just a somewhat better mover? Are you mostly going to be driving, or breeding, or?

As much as I like a big moving horse, from the photos I'd be inclined to keep the cremello. But it's not my decision :lol:
Personally, I agree with Minimor, as I love dilutes. But, it's not my decision, so ultimately depends on what you want to do with the mare and what your friend is looking for.

The cremello is a much more correct mare, so if you are going to keep one to breed or maybe show I would keep that one.

If the pinto is an unbeatable mover and all you want to do is show drive or pleasure drive I would keep the pinto.

It's a call only you can make, we can't possibly give advice only seeing a couple pictures.

Good luck,

Andrea

Sorry Barnbum, there's no WAY i'd pick a horse(s) apart without the owner's express consent! I just think the cremello is way more correct, and that's all I will say about that.
default_smile.png

Andrea

If someone wants to critique the two mores I'd be greatful. My problem is I get barn blind. I also think the cremello is a nicer mare, but love the long neck, long legs and pretty head and eyes on the pinto.

Your cremello mare is a particularly lovely horse. I personaly would keep her. However, if you just want to drive and your friend wants to show or breed then you might want to sell her.

it depends, like others said, on what you and your friend wish to do with the mare. if she wants to begin driving, deffinately the cremello. that's a tough decision, because i absolutely love cremellos, but the pinto's markings are pretty. which ever one you love the most you should keep. i'm not sure. keep us posted on what happens.

I to would keep the cremello. SHe is much nicer over all.

i think everyone here is a being a little unfair to the pinto. In each pic shes standing funny so very hard to judge her true conformation. If she was set up square like the cremello it would be easier to compare them.

Well, if you are breeding, who is your best producer? I would keep that one.

default_unsure.png
: Since you don't let the first horse do her job, I'd sell her to someone who would.

well i just read your post on the cremello about how she has changed and improved, i saw her foal, and it really sounds like you love her. as pretty as the pinto is, it sounds as if you are really attatched to the cremello. so maybe if your friend wants to drive, put some more training on the pinto, so you can keep your beloved mare. i have a feeling you wouldn't want to part with her..... but its all your choice.
default_yes.gif
: maybe you would want to keep the pinto to breed and drive, but it sounds to me like you really love that cremello.

Latest posts

Back