Which driving videos would you recommend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropenride

Reaction score
Hi all and Happy New Year!

One of my resolutions was to GET DRIVING!!! And my Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket
default_biggrin.png
So, I've been looking at the driving videos available and am totally confused. Which ones would you recommend, and why? I've looked at several threads about driving and gotten lots of good tips, but when it comes to the videos it all seems to be six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Thanks for your input!
default_saludando.gif

I got the Patty Cloke DVD's for X-Mas and they are AWESOME. Well worth what you pay. She makes things easy to understand, explains why she does the things she does, etc. I've watched them several times. I liked them enough to buy the obstacle driving, trail and jumping DVD she has out as well. I've seen other driving DVD's and liked none nearly as much as I liked hers. They get 2 thumbs up from me and they are money well spent!

Jen

I haven't gotten to watch the Patty Cloke or Joanne Ross videos yet although a friend is kindly going to loan them to me, but I really like the Clay Maier video on starting your driving horse. Of course which videos are good for you is going to depend on what you plan to do...I suppose I should ask! *LOL*

Are you planning on show driving, pleasure driving, ADS-events? Is your horse already trained or is he as green as you are? Anything else we should know before recommending something?

Leia

Personally I dont have any, but I heard that The ones by Patty Cloke are excellent.

default_yes.gif

Well, my horses are greener than I am...but not by much! I've actually driven big horses a couple times, but they were already well broke and VERY tolerant
default_smile.png
I'm planning on about 90% pleasure driving around home and maybe showing in a couple open shows we have in the area. I'm just starting lungeing and round penning...doing it the same as I do the big horses. I have a basic EE type cart and some decent harness also. I just got a nice Myler-look-alike bit, too. Sounds like I need to find an open bridle as well.

I read the short descriptions for the videos and think "oh yeah, this one" but then "well, maybe this one would be better".....hhhmmmmmmmmmmm
default_unsure.png

I like to Patty Cloke videos. What she has on them is actually what she does....

For Christmas I got myself Patty Cloke DVDs. I really like them!

Latest posts

Back