Whew! We're BACK from Nationals!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
It was a fun trip - haven't been away from the farm that long in 6 or more years!

Appy was SUCH a good boy! As already "reported", Appy and I got Top Ten (8th) in Ammy out of a class of nearly 40 horses.... Joel and Appy took a Top Ten (9th) in Open Sr. Stallions 32"-34" out of I think 32 horses, and Brenda, Appy and I went Reserve National Champion in Adult costume under with out tipis and Appy's rather elaborate indian costume!

Joel and Appy didn't place in the GIANT multicolor class, but we weren't really expecting to, as Appy's color is much more subtle than the louder black and white apps and pintos.

In Liberty first they called us in to the arena like we were going to start, only to tell us they'd cracked our CD (and this was after some questions outside the ring about which CD was ours... I told them it was the one with his photo and name printed on it, as well as his number and the class... I'd turned it in like 3 or 4 days early). So we left the ring and I ran out to the car for a spare copy. Then they fit us back into the order of go and we entered the ring AGAIN ... but when I was taking the halter off Appy he turned his head and I guess it looked like I was pushing him off, so they threw us out of the ring.
unsure.gif
At that point I was so tired from all the pre-class stuff that I think I was just as happy not to have had to make Appy run for a minute and a half! We went back to the hotel after giving Appy lots of hugs and kisses and peppermints and collapsed to sleep!

We got to spend Wednesday and Saturday sightseeing in Oklahoma and flew back yesterday evening. It was a nice vacation, and Tulsa was a nice town to visit - easy to get around in, even though we became masters of the Oklahoma U-turn when we were looking for things!

Joel will be driving Appy again between now and when he leaves for the AMHA world show (I think he's taking 2 horses there instead of the 9 or 10 he had in OK) and then Appy will come home to breed some mares, relax and do more driving with me. We hope to bring him out in harness classes at our local shows next year and I'd love to do versatality with him, too.

All in all a very exciting year and I can't wait to see some more of Appy's babies! Nancy Houghten has one that is VERY nice... and we'll expect some more here in SoCal next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen, Appy is beautiful!!! I loved watching you guys, you look like you were having such fun, and love your little fellow so much. :D

Congrats on your placings, you earned them!!!
aktion033.gif

I was sitting right up front during your liberty run.

I "think" they thought you pushed off because it looked like to me your horse jerked away from you. From the judges side, may have looked like a push. But they were sitting down so not sure how they thought they saw it at all.

Any way, congrats on your wins!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

CONGRATS on his Top 10's!
aktion033.gif

I'm glad you had a good time and got home safe. Good luck at World!

It was so nice to finally meet you and Appy did soooo well! Congratulations. We forgot to take pictures together though, I looked for you again but couldnt find you before we left.

Boy were Nationals tiring! How do people live with that humidity???

Appy was awesome. I can't wait til we get him home again!
biggrin.gif

There were so many beautiful horses there!
aktion033.gif

Karen -

Just a note to say that when I opened you CD case in the show ring, the CD was already cracked. I don't know when or how it happened, but when I found it was cracked I turned to the steward sitting with me so they could verify it was broken when I opened it. I didn't really see the release - but the judge called it a push off. Better luck next time!!

Mark & Sharon Bullington said:
Karen -
Just a note to say that when I opened you CD case in the show ring, the CD was already cracked.  I don't know when or how it happened, but when I found it was cracked I turned to the steward sitting with me so they could verify it was broken when I opened it.  I didn't really see the release - but the judge called it a push off.  Better luck next time!!

471705[/snapback]

I didn't think you had done it yourself - but when I turned it in at the show office, we'd pulled it out of the case and it was fine. Ah well! Like I said after all that I was just as happy NOT to have had to run for another minute and a half... and we didn't have to stay to the end of the class, either!
rolleyes.gif
Sleep is a wonderful thing!

I did enjoy your commentary throughout the show - even if you did make fun of us in costume! (of course, we were TRYING to be funny!)
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back