Where was the best buy you found

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had to buy 2 vials from the vet. I don't know that you can purchase them from anywhere other than the vet yet.

I know of three place where you can order both(I believe two of them state that they can also supply the latest one, by Intervet)without an Rx--they are AgriMed, Heartland Veterinary Supply, and where I've gotten mine for the past two years, a vet supply here in my state.

You can google for both of the first; both have websites(the in-state one does not-I order from them because the shipping can be 'normal' UPS; it gets here the next day, with just standard charges--of course, I have to pay tax, since it's within my state! The OVERALL cost ends up pretty much the same from each place,(and believe me, I've calculated it...!) though I think the best actual product price was at AgriMed. It is higher for single doses VS 10 dose packs or vials(depending on what type you want)-between @ $14 to $16/dose for the stand-alone West Nile. There is also shipping costs; most require you to pay at least for 2nd day air charges, if you aren't located fairly closely nearby. they do routinely ship w/ ice packs; styrofoam boxes, etc. sometimes carry an additional charge.

Edited to add: If you just have a couple or so horses, it would likely be just as simple/cost-effiecient to get these from your vet. The more doses you need, the more it saves to buy them as described above.

(I just got mine from within the state; shipped Monday, it got here Tuesday, ice packs still nearly fully frozen! YES! )

Hope this is of some help....

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Margo I just called Heartland and bought some i needed 15 so much cheaper this way in fact I called my vet just to double check his prices ...

He told me yes order from them (it was pretty reasonable they have some ready to expire in Aug so good deals) and then the money you save you can send me towards you bill LOL

I could be wrong, but I believe that United Vet supply, Jeffers and Valley Vet carry West Nile vac.

I demanded Recombitek, so I had to buy it from my vet. I went to the teaching hospital and bought it there. I didn't look hard, but all I found was Fort Dodge, and I don't use their WN products
default_smile.png

I demanded Recombitek, so I had to buy it from my vet. I went to the teaching hospital and bought it there. I didn't look hard, but all I found was Fort Dodge, and I don't use their WN products
default_smile.png
Yep me to Nathan... that is what I got as well!

I regularly(VERY regularly-like, every time I turn around, nowadays!)receive catalogs from Jeffers, Valley Vet, UVE, and several others--so far, none, except as I noted in my earlier post, carry any of the West Nile vaccines....I have to wonder why, but they don't.

Margo

Apparently (rumor says) in some states its a regulated drug. Which is interesting because those same companies sell rabies vaccines to people in the states that allow it...

I just got the new PreveNile from Heartland Vet...they don't have it listed on their website but have it when you ask. It was 97.95 for 5 dose vial. They have single dose vials also. I actually messed up because I bought all 5 dose vials thinking I'd have some for the foals when they hit 5-6 months.....but once you reconstitute the vial you have to use it. I do like that it's one dose for 12 mo coverage...you don't need to give a second dose even if they've never been vaccinated before. I also had to pay extra for 2-day shipping.

Not currently in Valley Vet or Jeffers catalogs. I bought some a couple of weeks ago from a local vet for $18/dose. They don't give me a break for quantity. Also ordered my VEWT Flu/Rhino from Valley Vet - asked my vet what they would charge for a 10 dose vial, thinking I would buy it from them if it was close....$70 more!!!

Jan

I got mine on www.horsewarehouse.com I also have to buy in bulk and have had good service from them.

outlaw

Latest posts

Back