Where To Get A Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I was thinking about driving my gleding but i will need a harness first i am r as miuch as i still have ot pay off onmy gelding and i just dont have alot to spend i need extra money incase he gets sick and such. so does anyone know where i can get a cheaper leather harness condition doesnt have ot benminit i may show in the furture but i can purchase a nice show harness then. or does anyone have aold harness for sale??thanks for oyur timw just curious(my gelding is destined to break it!)

I would try Star Lake tack...Cathy has lots to pick from price wise and, she is GREAT to work with
yes.gif
yes.gif

Lisa

I just bought an absolutely awesome harness from "our very own" Christine, from here on the forum.
aktion033.gif
Reasonable in cost, AND beautiful enough to show in.

littlesteppers

I have a brand new one for sale for not alot of money. I've never used it, the leather isn't stiff as a board and it's the perfect starter harness. Even has a bit! Nothing wrong with the harness, just try to sell stuff I am not using....someone might as well get some use out of it! Email me @ [email protected] if your interested.

Jen

Aaron Martin HArness at Wallenstien or Brubacher's at Wallenstien, Ont. You can get a nylon "starter" harness for under 200 .oo I think.I am not sure what the leather ones sell for but you can go online to their catalogues & check it out.

Just a heads up ---

I have found (through ebay purchases and through purchasing from lots of tack stores ) that with harnesses -- you pretty much "get what you paid for"

The medium priced harnesses are usually very good quality -- and the expensive ones are REALLY NICE (some are not quite as nice as their prices)...

the cheap harnesses are often made of poor quality leather and metals -- and SOME nylon ones have inadequate wiring in the blinders and uncomfortable cruppers.. also hardware that rusts quickly.

There ARE nice nylon and nice synthetic harnesses as well as nice leather ones -- you just have to check them out.

Just be sure you can RETURN WITH A FULL REFUND any harness that you purchase (in LIKE NEW CONDITION obviously).. in case you are not happy with it.. and/or that it does not fit your horse properly.

There are good bargains out there.. if you know what you are looking for.

JJay

PS this is NOT targetted towards ANYONE already recommended to you. I did NOT read any of the other posts yet... this is just a general comment.

Latest posts

Back