Where to find numbers for cones?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxane Martin

Reaction score
Our club is looking for numbers that we can use for various cones courses (numbered cones, obstacle, etc.). We would like to keep to using red for right, white for left. I have seen some at other events that could be set beside the cones and thus angle for optimal viewing from the course. Anyone have any idea where I might find something like that?

As an aside, I have found some numbered covers that we could put over our cones that would give us numbers, but wouldn't give us the exposure of how courses are numbered in Horse Driving Trials.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No one has replied, so I'll take a shot at this one. Lol! I have competed, but never organized an event, so I'll just comment with what I've seen. Buy 12" square pieces of MDF (or cut your own, if you are handy) about 3/4" thick. Paint both sides. Attach two together at the top with a hinge to make an A frame. (If working on the cheap, you could use two pieces of nylon web, to attach the tops) add a piece of webbing on each side to keep them from collapsing. These can be stored collapsed, so will take up less room. If storage is not an issue, just attach the tops with two pieces of angle iron, and then stack them up. Put numbers visible from both sides, and make the numbers big enough to be seen from across your course. This is a photo from a CDE a few years back.

image.jpg

I will respond. In the years that I have competed in CDE's I have never seen any "commercial" numbers. Maybe a cottage industry here? Our club bought 1/4" plastic sheets in red and white and had them cut to size. About 1' x 1' I believe. We then stincelled on numbers, driled 2 holes at the top of each and held them together with loose tie wraps. They look much like the ones in your picture.

Back