Where to find good quality turnouts for hard to fit mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebels_last_resort

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can direct me to where I can purchase mini clothes...heavy blanket, turnout sheet, fly sheet, stable sheet/fleece cooler. My little guy wears a 44-45 but most blankets are too short on the side drop. He has shorter than average legs for his build and a larger body. I have tried Kensington brand and they were too small in all areas. Derby Originals brand was way too big. and the schneiders brandwas not waterproof and fit very poorly on him and he got horrible rubs. I have the tuffrider thermolined blanket and it fits him the best so far, but cannot seem to find any other mini products made by them. So does anyone have any suggestions of where to go or their personal experiences or what you have found to work?? Thanks!

I forgot to add..I have also tried the TOUGH-1 blankets...they fit decently but did not hold up to his love to roll and itch on everything.

When did you try the Kensington? I ask because the design has changed this year--my new ones are bigger overall and the drop is longer than it was. (personally I liked the old fit better but the new one works ). Perhaps call Izark and ask about the new sizing--they will likely give you measurements to see if the new fit will work for you.

Should have added--if you had the Kensington size L check out the XL. I have some that should fit the L but have to wear an XL. If the XL is too small overall, check out the 2XL.

I can fit any and all of mine into one or another of the Kensingron sizes!

Thanks so much! I tried the Kensington last year, so I will give that a try again and try a size up. And tank you for the reference to Izark, I will give them a call as well, I had never heard of that brand. Thank you for your help!

Might be Ozark Mtn Mini Horse tack - minitack dot com.

Also try supreme equine design dot com. Take out the spaces. change the word dot to a period.

default_whistling.gif

Thank you so much will look into now..two new brands I have yet to know about or try! will keep posted on what works!

Latest posts

Back