Where to find a mini fly mask

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
I ordered one from Country Supply and it came today and is Huge on my Giddy!

He is 30 inches, will be 2 in July... probably weighs 120 or so....

I need to know how to find the right size(I thought this one was)

I saw a Farnam one that said it was exsmall- would that fit??

Thanks

Missy

I've just started looking --- I am incapable of buying anything without knowing EVERY possibility on the market...

The Horse Blanket has great prices for both ears and no ear masks, but I plan to call them to double-check measurements to (hopefully) avoid the problem you had..

Ozark Or minitack.com

I've just started looking --- I am incapable of buying anything without knowing EVERY possibility on the market...

The Horse Blanket has great prices for both ears and no ear masks, but I plan to call them to double-check measurements to (hopefully) avoid the problem you had..

I have the Mini fly mask from Farnam for my mare and I LOVE it. It's really adjustable and fits perfect. She's 36", but has a really refined, tiny head. I've also had it on my 32" mare who has a small head and it easily adjusted down to her as well. And I have a 34" mare with a head thats not quite as refined as the other 2 and it also fits her.

I have bought fly maks from many places and always run into the problem that it rubs eyes. The Farnam one doesn't.

The Lycra fly masks from Schneiders have worked well for 2 of ours.

The Mini one by Farnam is by far my favorite.

~Jen~

you can get even weanling fly masks from Kelly at

www.NeverEndingRanch.net

The ones made by Kensington(they're always plaid) are well-made and run small in size; the two I got last year were just BARELY big enough to use on my two smallest minis-a 32"er and a 30.25"er. Should fit your small guy...

Margo

I have always just ordered straight from Cashel. I like the fit for my guys form 29-35"...though I have used the pony size on my bigger headed B's. They seem to stand up well and are rarely rubbed off (usually if they do come off it is because someone else has pulled them off in play!

Cashel's website is: <http://www.cashelcompany.com/ProductList.aspx?SubcategoryID=1>

I agree with Eve that Cashel is likely the 'best' in several ways; have bought a Cashel for my old mini mare w/ one blue eye and partial pink skin around it for years(protection against the sun as well as against flies)-however, I'm not sure it would fit my SMALLER ones? It does fit VERY well and comfortably, and is harder to rub off than most, but it also is about 1/3 and more higher in price--and it can be just as damaged by a horse that rubs as any other, so isn't especially longer-lasting. Just my experience....

Margo

I really like the Kensington fly masks. 70% UV protection. They've worked well on my 29" - 32" mares that I've used them on. I've purchased mine from Ozark Mtn Tack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]I have one from Star Lake Tack that I really like.[/SIZE]

Barbie

The smallest Cashel masks (foal/mini) fit my small guys just fine....My horses range from 29" (and a small head) to 33.5" (and a coarser head). I did use a pony size for my 35.5" gal.

They are not small enough for babies, but I doubt Mom would have liked the feel of the mask when the baby was nursing.

Thanks everyone, I called Ozark this weekend to make sure if I order their Kensington, it will fit. The guy I talked to said to call Monday cause he wasnt sure...

I am getting ready to call and see.

I finally ordered Cashel masks and they arrived today. I am in shock! The mask fits every single head in my barn. I have NEVER had a mask that would do that. And it's so comfy for them. I may add to the two I bought.

Oh the little things that bring such happiness.
default_biggrin.png

Thank you evedex!!

I love all the advice here. Currently looking to buy my first mini and can't wait to go shopping for it! This kind of advice is great.

Thanks to Bonnie Fogg (who had tried the Cashell Crusader last year) we started carrying the Cashel with and without ears. They are an awesome fly mask and we had excellent response back on them. And if you buy them with pink ears or pink bow they donate money to breast cancer research !!!

Thanks, Lisa - Ozark Tack

Minitack fly Masks

Latest posts

Back