Where is your favorite spot for movement?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
Where on a mare do you always have good movement close to the end of a pregnancy? What type of movement do you normally feel now?

I would really like to knows this too ! we are Due around the mid of july!and this is my first foal sooo would be fun to see and feel!! very excited...
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

When they drink you can usually feel the foal if you put your hand in front of her boobies. Or a belly clip is fantastic, the foal always wakes up with the vibration of the clippers
laugh.gif

I have felt ALL of this years foals move after day 200. And I can feel it right at the lowest part of their belly. Right about halfway from front to back.

Thanks.

I have 2 mares that have tested positive in foal but aren't that large and are due soon and I'm still second guessing myself if that are really in foal. They seem to be getting udders and have gained some weight. I guess time will tell. They are at 316 and 299 now.

At 300 days it should be easy to feel the foal. Remember to check at different times during the day as foals do seem to sleep at the same time every day. Dinner time is when i usually feel them the most. Good luck

I also feel most movement at the lowest part of the belly, maybe even a little towards her udder. Try talking to the foal,or scratching the belly, sometimes that gets a reaction. Usually right after the mare is given some food, the foal "wakes" up.

This is what I see at 320.
default_no.gif
Poor girl, just click the picture and it'll show the video

Last edited by a moderator:
My maiden has a very active baby and her stomach bounces when the foal moves - she looks so miserable when it does but she has been pretty sick too with an infection. Much better now though and is due May 27th. She has a decent spring but thats where it ends so who knows how long she will keep me waiting.

I think in later gestation you will feel movement just about anywhere. In earlier pregnancy I believe just in front of the udder is the best place.

Hope your mares are in foal and you get 2 gorgeous babies.

I've had the best luck feeling movement if I press a little in front of the udder and see / feel most activity around feeding times for the mare
default_smile.png

I got really good video of my mare's baby moving this year. My best luck is the side right in front of the hip. Here is the link to our video:

Marsha

All I can say about that last video is WOW! with my mare last year she didn't have half that movement.

All I can say about that last video is WOW! with my mare last year she didn't have half that movement.
Yeah, I got pretty lucky with her. Actually got a second video that day too.

It was taken about 3 weeks before she foaled too.

Marsha

By 250 I don't need to feel....I can see, very clearly, the foal moving. But if you can't, just in front of the udder.

the three girls I got not long ago don't see anything or feel anything so am guessing they are not. they don't look that preg. either comparing them to the ones that foaled that I owned

Usually right between the hips and the ribs i can feel a leg towards the end of pregnancy. Barnbum once talked about "talking" to the baby and she was definitely right
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back