Where is a good roan thread...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicount

Reaction score
I own several roans but never have any decent photos, low and behold I have photos and now no roan threads.

Well I guess I will just have to start one of my own.

Before the clip:

brookredhot.jpg

After the clip:

roancolt.jpg

roanheadshot.jpg

Sorry, get such a kick out of this guy. Did a complete clip and hoof trim without a halter on. As long as I stopped every so often to scratch him he was content to stand for me.

I love him
wub.gif
wub.gif
and all roans for that matter, but he's just gorgeous.

I also like your signature "Dad always said opinions were free...and that you got what you paid for."

Mine said about the same thing in different words. "Free advise, freely given, take it for what it's worth"

Any way I love your little guy and am looking forward to seeing more roans.

OK, I'll show one of ours.

taf___dream_113.jpg

DreamTAF.jpg

Twilight Sentinel

AMHR/ASPC

AMHR National Futurity Nominated Mare

Foaled 4-26-2000

Dream is a Bay Roan who was shown as a Shetland in 2003.

Minicount

<<Sorry, get such a kick out of this guy. Did a complete clip and hoof trim without a halter on. As long as I stopped every so often to scratch him he was content to stand for me. >>

How much do you want for that horse!!! AMAZING is what I think! Was this WITH or without a helper to get him to stand all that time.
yes.gif

And he is quite handsome to boot!
wub.gif

JJay

No helper, just me, myself and I. I don't expect the other foals to go that well though.
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I did do him in two sections though. Body and most of the legs and then, mostly because I was losing light, finished the head and legs the next day. Trimming the feet really shocked me that he stood so well but he was not impressed with his bath.
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Farmhand that mare OMG i LOVE HER she is stunning

I also love roans! I have two, but they are different kinda roans
smile.gif

Here is Lonesome, now a 4yo gelding, pictured as a 3yo stallion, who is a true bay roan:

July%204,%202004%20--%20Delaware%20--%20Area%20One%20Show%20--%20Lonesome%20Driving%20011.jpg

Lonesome-VMHC-2004-byDRockwell.jpg

And here is Skipper, my first "home bred" anything (I mean, not even a hamster before!). I'm so proud of him
biggrin.gif
Skipper is a silver chestnut SABINO roan, not a "true" roan. He is pictured as a yearling gelding and is now a 2yo:

Skipper%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Grand%20Champion%20Junior%20Gelding%20A%20Division%20047.jpg

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

OOOOOHHHH I just love roans!

I only have one.....wish I had more.

This is my colt.. Sunshinemeadow Blue Derringer.

I was hoping he would turn out to be a lighter shade of bay....but I love him anyways.

He is also the horse in my avatar.

marciasbabies002.jpg

All these roans are just beautiful!
aktion033.gif
I just love roans...and after Overos...they are my favorite color. I love the color contrast on them..and they are continually changing colors thru the seasons!
yes.gif

This is our "little" bay roan "Baylee".

She was born bay as you can see here with her Bay roan mother.

f41d3d2b.jpg

But she soon clipped out to a lovely Bay Roan (altho she looks Blue Roan in these pics). She is 2 months old now & all of 20" tall!
biggrin.gif

f351c966.jpg

f3bb8fa6.jpg

Oh my gosh I have been waiting for this post forever!! Ok I still cannot post pictures because I have NO IDEA where to put them to get them to show! But I too LOVE ROANS, especially bay roans, and the one guy that really caught my eye a long time ago I don't know his full name but he is named Prince and the photo of him standing up so straight and so square, I really wish I could get his picture on here...he is my roan hero though, he's the whole reason I really want to get a roan! Now I finally found a roan colt and i am crossing my fingers it will work out for me to get him!

I LOVE ALL YOUR ROANS!!! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL ROANS!!!

Steff

Dona said:
All these roans are just beautiful! 
aktion033.gif
I just love roans...and after Overos...they are my favorite color.  I love the color contrast on them..and they are continually changing colors thru the seasons!
yes.gif

This is our "little" bay roan "Baylee".

She was born bay as you can see here with her Bay roan mother.

f41d3d2b.jpg

But she soon clipped out to a lovely Bay Roan (altho she looks Blue Roan in these pics).  She is 2 months old now & all of 20" tall!
biggrin.gif

f351c966.jpg

f3bb8fa6.jpg

424265[/snapback]

We're really excited about this filly ... her dam and full sister are silver dapple roans, and now that she's started to shed, she's turning blue!! We've never had a blue roan before, she's so pretty.

At one day old:

fergie05filly2.jpg

She had about 2 white hairs in her flank, we didn't know what colour she was going to be, but didn't really suspect roan.

And today, at about 6 weeks old:

fergie05fillyroan.jpg

This change colour stuff is fun!!

Back