Where have my eyebrows gone???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebiscuit

Reaction score
What the heck is going on? Is it due to getting older??? My eyebrows are disappearing! I KNOW I used to have eyebrows! I never needed eyebrow pencil before.... yet now when I look in the mirror I see hardly any eyebrow hairs. I had to go out and buy an eyebrow pencil today, and I've never used one before.

WHERE ARE THOSE HAIRS GOING??? Hopefully, they aren't going to end up in my nose! Last thing I want to do is start plucking nose hairs!

I can relate to that!! I started noticing mine dissappearing a few years ago! They have migrated to strange places. i may find one on the inside of my arm where none were there before. Sometimes one will show up on the thigh. You can tell it doesn't belong there. They just seem to randomly pop up where they don't belong.
default_wacko.png

Could be worse. You could be 27 and find yourself plucking away because the grey ones wont go away.

I can relate....Haven't gone the eyebrow pencil route (yet). Instead, when going out in public (with make up - lol) I will lightly brush my eyebrows with my mascara.... it looks more natural?

On a positive note.......Since this lack of eyebrow thing has been happening, I've noticed I haven't needed to pluck!
default_smile.png

I can relate....Haven't gone the eyebrow pencil route (yet). Instead, when going out in public (with make up - lol) I will lightly brush my eyebrows with my mascara.... it looks more natural?

On a positive note.......Since this lack of eyebrow thing has been happening, I've noticed I haven't needed to pluck!
default_smile.png
Yep...Here too. I can remember plucking the hair in between my eyebrows so I didn't have that unibrow thing happening. Where the heck are the eyebrows now!?

I will be 61 in two weeks, and I know danged well that at age 58 I still had eyebrows!!

I think I will try going over them with a bit of mascara, as miniv mentioned. I sure ain't good with eyebrow pencil! And as soon as I sweat it disappears. If I use waterproof mascara I hope I have better luck.

My only concern with the mascara is that I am blonde and my eyebrows are light colored. I can't find light brown mascara... only black or brownish black.

bummer.

I will be 61 in two weeks, and I know danged well that at age 58 I still had eyebrows!!

I think I will try going over them with a bit of mascara, as miniv mentioned. I sure ain't good with eyebrow pencil! And as soon as I sweat it disappears. If I use waterproof mascara I hope I have better luck.

My only concern with the mascara is that I am blonde and my eyebrows are light colored. I can't find light brown mascara... only black or brownish black.

bummer.
If you go to Salley's (beauty supply) you should be able to find Brown and not Brown/Black.

While I have loads of fine, dark blonde hair on my head, I've always had sparse, pale eyebrows and leg hair. Gret for the legs, not so for the eyebrows...

I use a brown eye liner crayon or soft pencil to brush on the eyebrow hairs (go against the growth) for a more natural look. The pencil/crayon gives more control than mascara want. "Drawing eyebrows" on the skin always looks fake (on me, anyway).

My mother was a very beautiful, but vain person. She didn't like the aging process one bit! When she was about 55 or so (this is over 25 years ago if my math is correct) she had permanent eyeliner and eye brow "pencil" applied. O M G! It was horrible! Obviously the technology wasn't very good back then, plus they weren't even. She spent the rest of her life covering up the mistakes with make-up. Sort of defeated the purpose.

I'd give brown mascara a light brushing over your eye brows and see what you think. You might like it.

For me, at age 45, I'm finding these occassional dark hairs on my chin!
default_new_shocked.gif
Talk about disgusting!!! Pluck City around here.

Hate to tell you its the age and I'm right behind you! Dye them!

Marty's right; it comes with age, and in most people, apparently it is quite common, and includes gradually losing body hair ALL OVER YOUR BODY! There are definitely both pluses and minuses to that, if you know what I mean!
default_wink.png

My eyebrows are still evident, but I haven't had to pluck them in YEARS.

Margo

I hear that loss of the outer part of the eyebrow is a sign of hypothyroidism. I may have secondary hypothyroid, will be finding out in the next week or two, will be interesting to find out. I have to look very close to see any eyebrow hair.

My bioidentical hormone doc said it was caused by overtaxed adrenal system. Shd did a full workup of my blood, saliva tests, etc. Basically your system gets over stressed with life and aging.

My MIL has like two hairs left above each eye. When younger she always plucked her eyebrows extremely thin...that was the style. Now my SIL who is only 35 (also a heavy plucker) is having problems with losing her brows. Same with both my sisters, who are in their late 40's...I noticed theirs thinning even when they were very young. Aside from age, stress, and possible thyroid issues I also found this online:

Have you heard of Traction Alopecia? That’s a type of hair loss that happens when your hair is constantly being pulled on a daily basis, and after a while it starts to fall out, and it may not come back. Ballerinas (who wear their hair in tight buns) sometimes develop this problem, and women that wear their hair in tight ponytails or tight braids all the time, can also have this problem.

Apparently long term eyebrow waxing can also cause a similar effect

here is the link: thinning eyebrows

I'm not sure how reputable the link is, but it does make sense that after awhile, you keep pulling those hairs out they may eventually not come back. In High School (mid 80's)...I plucked mine so thin you could barely see them (again, that was the style until Brooke Shields came along)...I stopped plucking mine in my early twenties...I only do the strays now and I hope I can keep mine as long as possible..they are quite bushy, so I'm thinking I won't have any problems, maybe...lol.

I'm starting to need a brow comb over
default_laugh.png
it was my 51st birthday a couple of weeks ago and I was feeling a little down about it but

you people had me in stitches reading this thread , now I know I have something to look forward to ...female pattern eyebrow baldness ! Thankyou
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

I'm 48. I've always had nice brows. All of a sudden, the out sides of both brows are just gone!
default_unsure.png

I have the fear of them showing up some place else now

REO, I am not far behind you and I have been having the same problem.

Used to have really thick eyebrows and now the outside of both are just about gone. Phiffle....

Latest posts

Back