Where have all the emoticons gone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helicopter

Reaction score
Haven't been able to work out how to get the emoticons. I know some people hate them but I love them.

Help.

Just click "more reply options" in the lower right and the box will open and you can select them from there.
default_yes.gif

If what Mona said doesn't work, you may need to do what I have to do, and then I only get a few to chose from. If I go to LB from my AOL account I can't do anything, browser won't work right, but if I pull up internet exployer I can get some smilies, not all, as I only have dial up and for some reason they won't all load. I havn't tried to load pictures yet so I still need to practice that. I'm having a really hard time with the new format, hope you can fix your problems, I'm still working on mine too. Fios is coming to my area in the next two years, they have already started installing it, it just is not up and running yet. Oh, and I still can't spellcheck, so I have to try and be very careful.

Riverrose, even if you have and use AOL as your online service provider, you should still be able to use Explorer as your browser. Try that, and I bet it works.

Yes, you are right, exployer is the only way I can get anything, and now I'm also having trouble lurking, I have to go to exployer and sign in just to view topics. If I don't use exployer I only get the last page of the mini forum and can't view new topics without signing in. It may be my computer.

For some reason More Reply Options doesn't work for me and I don't understand Riverrose's option. LOL

Very frustrating for a young chick.. No emoticons is taking a lot of the fun out of posting (for me anyway).

Yes, you are right, exployer is the only way I can get anything, and now I'm also having trouble lurking, I have to go to exployer and sign in just to view topics. If I don't use exployer I only get the last page of the mini forum and can't view new topics without signing in. It may be my computer.
You can also download Mozilla Firefox. It's free, safe and works better on this forum than explorer does. No matter what, you can still "lurk" even when signed in. When you go to login next time, be sure to check the log in anonymously or hide or whatever it says, and then login, and you'll be "hidden" to other viewers. It is easier to keep track that way of all the posts you have read etc. too!

For some reason More Reply Options doesn't work for me and I don't understand Riverrose's option. LOL

Very frustrating for a young chick.. No emoticons is taking a lot of the fun out of posting (for me anyway).
Maybe you are not looking in the right place?? When you go to reply to a topic, instead of clicking the dark colored |POST" button, instead, click the "More Reply Options" to the right of it. When it opens, you will see one smiley face. Click on it to show more. Then you can select See All from there too.

I've tried all that Mona and all I get is the bottom of a box sticking out the bottom of the reply box but I can't get to it.

Surely I'm not the only one having this problem.

Yes, you need to try a different browser, thanks Mona, that is what I was trying to relay the first time. Maybe you don't have exployer and need to download the other site Mona told us about. Thanks Mona for the info.

I get the emoticons no problem. I have noticed though that (as of sometime Thursday of last week) if I am on the forum but not signed in, I cannot see the forum. On the main page all the forums show up, but when I click on the Mini forum all that comes up are 5 or 6 old topics, all of which were posted by former members who now show up as "guest". When I'm on the main page and try to click on the actual topic that shows up for any one of the forums I get an error message saying I'm not allowed to see that topic. In order to read the forum or even to view the list of topics I have to actually sign in. Like I said--something changed Thursday. I use IE and cannot download anything different on this particular computer.

I have exactly the same problem - the top line shows up but then fades/disappears on most occasions so no access to the emoticons. Just to say that,this time the 'bar' is there is its full glory!!
default_yes.gif
But it is so annoying when it does its disappearing act!

Ah Ha!! Just using your suggestion of getting the 'reply space' up by clicking the 'more reply options' - and there are the emoticons all ready for use!!

Hopefully this way of replying will work for me from now on - give it a try Helecoptor???
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back