Where Do You Get Your Boots and Blankets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minirocky

Reaction score
I am looking to get a pair of nice boots for Mac and Patchy - thinking something along the lines of the Sport Medicine Boots.

And I want blankets in specific colors for them both. Mac is a 42" and Patchy is 48". I want turquoise blankets if possible.

Also looking for standing bandages for them - no bow and wraps.

Where do you get your higher end tack?

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite blankets and sheets are the Kensingtons--I buy them from Ozark Mtn Mini Tack.

I do not use standing bandages so cannot suggest anything there.

Kensington is very nice, I have a fly sheet (that my yearling full sized horses pulled off the fence and promptly tore in half) and I'm getting fly boots and masks for them.

I like ozark mountain for blankets and boots. I found a woman who makes super quality blankets and sheets custom to your specifications. Her name is pat and her website is www.custompetandtack.homestead.com. I know that national bridle shop has mini leg wraps and boots. I bought a set of their splint boots and bell boots and I like them.

I have a set of "sport" boots from National Bridle, but I'm not in love with them. I wish the splint boots had the two velcro closures, not the one! I'm so picky. :/

I'll check out those blankets, thanks!

As far as blankets go, I love love love Radon ( www.radoninc.com) they are such good quality and they are all custom colors and sizing. I bought a used Radon blanket once and now order them exclusively.

I have a custom made bmb blanket (purple with pink piping) that is literally 20 yrs old and still in use. I'm a lucky one to have no blanket chewers! Anyway, if I could afford it they would all be bmb custom!

I love bmb blankets. I have a teal and purple blanket and hood that I bought in like 1995 and it is still being used. They are good quality. I prefer tack and blankets made in the USA too.

I'm not sure what they're stocking these days, but I've got lots of little horse items from SSTACK.com (Scheinder's). The merchandise has always been great quality at a good price. Blankets, sheets, skinkies, mini hay bags, halters, buckets, etc.

SStack doesn't have any pink, sadly. My barn colors are turquoise, pink and black. I'll take any combination of it though.

I will look into BMB
default_smile.png

I like purple too. EVERYTHING in my barn is purple. Try big d and jeffers, they had pink pony pony blankets. I know that polar tec or tough 1 who ever they are now makes pink and teal (both with black) foal/mini blankets and sheets. I have bought them in pink and purple on ebay. Ive seen teal online too.

For high end boots try Soft-Ride Boots.com, my vet suggested that I purchase them for seven, but they are way too pricey for my budget.

Sorry, meant protective boots for legs. ;) like the sport medicine boots.

One of my boarders has a mini with a bowed tendon. She bought her mini sport boots at state line tack for $20. They have several Velcro straps like smb boots

I just saw an ad on a Facebook group for sport medicine boots with two velcro straps for $30 a pair including shipping. I'm not sure if I can post the name of the group here, but you cam PM me and I'll give you the information.
default_smile.png

I am thinking about splurging on the BMB blankets as they are very nice. If I invest in nice blankets in my barn colors, I may look at getting them for my big horses later. ;)

Supremeequine makes custom blankets for minis and small ponies in lots of colors. I believe they advertise here. One of the companies that makes blankets for Ozark Mountain Mini tack used to make custom blankets/sheets/hoods in many colors. If you talk to Ozark you might still be able to get them custom, I'm not sure (they don't list customizing in their catalog).

Just for Ponies website carries higher end blankets in different colors for smaller ponies and some in mini sizes.

The only sport medicine type boots I've seen for small ponies and minis are only in black and white - again several of the mini stores on this forum offer them. Star Lake Tack makes custom sized regular splints & bells in various colors (mine are purple) but I don't think they have the supporting strap the goes under the fetlock like the Sports Medicine boots.

Wow - Thanks guys. I didn't realize that BMB was still in operation and available to the general public. I STILL have halters, headstalls and training tack that I made from lounge lines when my children were riding and wanted specific colors - from 1998! This year, will have to change out bad buckles, but otherwise this tack is all still usable!! I used to have a tack shop that would special order halter sizes that would fit my small ponies from BMB - our farm color is purple - in their quality and fantastic fit... I had a local leather worker cut and insert a buckle on the off side of the single buckle headstalls and then they fit our smaller ponies in the girls' colors (teal, fuchsia, red & our farm color of purple). I don't remember Mini companies in that year having various colors of headstalls/reins and NO ONE carried nylon training tack that matched then (most still don't)... I made training forks and the arab style, around the neck martingale w/ rings at different places, plus the lounge lines, too. Then had their matching saddle pads & leg wraps and we used to wrap the ponies when they were worked... Haven't done that in years, though. Our leg wraps (polos) got more work as wraps during breeding and foaling out, LOL. And those purple splints and bell boots - haven't been used yet either. They've been in the house now for 2 almost 3 years...
default_sad.png

Don't have that many pics from those early years. None of Skye using her teal headstall with legwraps and saddle pad on any of our horses or ponies - though I know she did use them a lot (she didn't use them on the shetlands, though. On an arab and her 1/2 shetland son). Sierra used her "red stuff" on the most ponies of different sizes (she used "lucky red" on everything she rode) but again, don't have but a few pics that turned out...

fb97.jpg
Before she got her pink pad, too. Her favorite color now is purple

Supreme Equine Design for blankets and sheets, great quality made in Texas and last forever.

Jan

Latest posts

Back