Where do you create?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
This is my little area where do Art... complete with a little green plant that has been around since the time of the Dinosaurs. LOL

JapaneseCastleDesk21Jan14.jpg

Would love to see photos, where everyone else does their Arts and Crafts!

What a lovely, serene place to work, Shari.

This is my work space in the shop/barn. I have a corner for my workbench and shelves. I have access to drill press, saw, and other tools. But no one messes in my little corner. It drives my husband crazy when I bring home salvaged junk to work on, so he avoids my little space!

shopspace.jpg

Thank you Masha! Was thinking about adding a Banana tree to my Art room too. LOL

Love your work space... love the shelving too. Plenty of space to room about. VBG
Had to smile... my DH will not go anywhere near my Art either.

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures, but nothing much to see either! I do my sewing in our bedroom on a 5' banquet table set up on one wall. It's nice for a cutting board and I set my machine on it too. There's room to spread out bigger projects as I sew. I hang a plastic store shopping bag on the door handle right next to it where I dump the threads and scraps as I work. My sewing box sits wherever on the floor and sometimes bags of fabric and notions with patterns are hanging around too; waiting to be worked on next. I can see out the door into the livingroom where the TV is and maybe on or I can turn on the radio.

Sometimes I draw (not so much any more). That I usually do in the livingroom on a TV tray or a card table.

I plan and cut in the spare bedroom, I sew in my computer room, and I quilt at the dining room table (also where I work on jewelry). Might have to move jewelry to a corner of the spare bedroom, so I can leave it out (with cats it has to be put away everytime I'm done so they don't get into things.

Chanda, I did that forever and it worked great when I was younger. But as I've gotten older, I find I spend a lot of time trying to remember where I put things. I am now setting up places for all my crafts so everything is where I need it when I need it. I have a sewing/weaving room that has my sewing machines, looms, material and yarn in there. I also have my computer, office supplies, and printer set up in there and my auction items. So it is full. Im so glad that I finally got around to getting all my jewelry making stuff….beads, tools, threads, findings, chains, and books… together and the hoosier cabinet is working out perfectly. Now, hopefully, I can spend more time actually making stuff!

Wish I could, but I have too much stuff filling up rooms to have it all in one place. If I decide to shut down the quilt supply, then the fabric storage space can be used for my crafting/quilting, but for now, I must be in 3 places to work.

Nothing special. We converted Daniel's bedroom into a den and that is my card factory. I have a large table and use the dresser drawers for my supplies and a file cabinet. It has two windows and good natural light and its peaceful.

Latest posts

Back