Where did you get your harness?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelsHope

Reaction score
I am working and restoring my own harness, which has fallen on bad times.
default_no.gif
oops

I may be in the market for a new harness. Not a show harness. Just a good working harness with breeching. Mine is a beat up show harness without breeching.

So I am just wondering where did you get your all around harness and how do you like it?

I ordered mine from Iowa Valley Carriage (www.iowavalleycarriage.com). I LOVE it. I am not sure if they have leather harnesses or not, mine is betathane. They made it to fit my mini gelding, but it adjusts well to also fit my mini donkey, and I'm thinking it will also fit my small pony gelding when I get him going.

It has held up well, hoses off to clean, and still looks brand new with the use it has had. I have no regrets!

Angie

I have three that I got from Star Lake Tack over the years. I also have an extra bridle so I don't have to make adjustments all the time. You have to specify you want breeching, but it isn't a problem. I had to order a longer girth for one of the minis and that wasn't a problem either. The price was very reasonable. I order over the phone.

Our show harnesses are from Mini Express and Lutke, my CDE harness from Carriages USA and the work harnesses and bitting rigs are from Star Lake.

That helps alot, huh??
default_laugh.png

Lucy

I have gotten most of my harness from Ozark Mountain. They really seem to be well made and last a long time. Mose Miller makes all of their harness (pleasure to show) and he is awesome !! They have lots of harness to choose from plus you can get any parts and pieces you need.

minitack.com

River

My favorite all-around harness is the Ozark Mtn. Carriage Harness. Good, sturdy, a lot of nice touches not included in the basic harness they offer, and yet still a very reasonable price for a quality product. And it is nice enough to show in if you decide to try that as well. I used mine for both CDE's and breed shows in different configurations.

Leia

Latest posts

Back