Where can I get bigger tires

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hey Guys![/SIZE]

Does anyone know where I can buy bigger cart tires?

I'm only pleasure drive, no showing, just driving on lawn & eventually well made trails.

Are there any other tires that can be used for it?

Thanks!
default_biggrin.png

oh jeez guys, this is Bannerbrat, i forgot my Mom was logged in, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get cart wheels (whole wheel & tire) from Double Diamond tack. or if you have a local bike shop, that can make sure they are giving you the correct type of wheel, they may be able to help you. If you go to a bike shop, I would bring your origonal wheel with you so they can make sure you are getting the correct size hub (or what ever the center is called on a wheel, to make sure it will fit your axle.)

Carolyn

Cart tires aren't 'bike' tires. I wouldn't count on being able to find a tire that would be SAFE to use on a horse cart at a bike shop...Google 'Sun Products'; they are reported to be the supplier for several of the companies that make the tires that are used on miniature EE carts.

Margo

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks guys, I might just buy a new cart altogether,
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
[/SIZE]

Anyone's opinions on wooden wheels?

will they last?

prefer them?

Thanks guys!

Ever throught about going with steel wheels ?

Mike Groose with Ite Bte Buggy will do them for you. He built a new axle for me so they would work with my cart and give me a wider wheel base.

cart027.jpg

I'm really pleased with the results. He could probably help with the other wheels too.

http://www.itebtebuggys.com/

[SIZE=12pt]Hmm i haven't thought of steel wheels, to be honest i've never heard of them
default_biggrin.png
They do look rather nice though
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

I might just go with them, thanks Vickie!

I have actually replaced the both wheels on a cart ( an old beat around cart) With very similar bike wheels and tires that were meant for rough terrain. It worked fine for a beater cart. I must add that they were wheels for I believe all terrain bikes, heavy duty, not wheels for a kiddie bike.

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Thanks Carolyn![/SIZE]

I'm not sure what to do right now.
default_wacko.png

I'm caught between how much i can afford
default_wink.png
& how gorgeous a wooden easy entry is.
default_wub.png

oh well we'll get it figured out.
default_yes.gif

When we needed new tires for an older cart we bought ours from Mr. Graber, of Graber Mfg., he is the one that also makes the carts. Very reasonable and easy to deal with.

When we needed new tires for an older cart we bought ours from Mr. Graber, of Graber Mfg., he is the one that also makes the carts. Very reasonable and easy to deal with.
[SIZE=12pt]Terri, do you have a way to contact Mr. Graber?[/SIZE]

default_laugh.png

Thanks!

I have the number at home, and will look it up for you this afternoon when I get home from work. He doesn't have a website and you can only do orders by phone or snail mail.

Latest posts

Back