Where are you located?? Let's get together for a drive!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lillington, NC address - between Sanford and Lillington.

South and West of Raleigh

Just North of Ft. Bragg & Fayetteville (the bombing practice yesterday was rattling our windows so hard in the cold I thought they were going to start breaking and falling out!!
default_new_shocked.gif
)

I've started driving all over NC. There are a handful of places to go PLUS as a member of NC Working Horse and Mule Assn we have individual farm owners who have trails on their larger farms that are set for group trail drives. On some of those drives the farm owner sets it up to allow a drive to go thru other connecting properties. Sometimes we have minis and other ponies join us in different areas - singles and multiples... Almost all the plow days have trails around the fields that are being plowed - some are literally just around the fields and others are "over hills and thru the woods" ...
default_thumbup.gif

Pics of some of the "other minis" at a drive last year. I didn't get the chance to really talk to any of them, my one mare that I drove was having major meltdowns and I was kept busy and attentive with her. This was at Danny Jackson's farm in Mt. Olive, NC. Some of these minis were show horses... I think there were 10 other minis at that drive - I was AMAZED!! I'm used to being the only one, LOL.

13mar30ncwhma013.jpg

13mar30ncwhma015a.jpg

13mar30ncwhma035.jpg

There is a 4-H club with adults that drive right around here; but I wondered if there are any LB members out there close to me?

I live in Rockford, IL. which is the close top north part of the state and close to Wisconsin, directly below Beloit, Wis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northwest Oregon.

We love trail driving and are always looking for people to join the fun along with our usual suspects.

Be sure to join us for our annual beach drive at Long Beach, Washington. We haven't set this year's date yet, but it's typically the end of August or early September.
Do you have folks that drive larger mini/ponies or larger ponies/full size horses that would have room for larger passengers? Or have extra driving horses/vehicles? I think Vicki and I are advanced beginners or maybe intermediate drivers??

This would be a trip that I'd love to make!! Won't happen in 2014, but something for the future. I've never been to the far west coast and actually on the coast. Driving on the BEACH??? WAY COOL - bucket list addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We landed somewhere in CA in 1974 (I was a kid, we were returning from Hawaii. We rode along the beach a couple of times in the 4 yrs we lived in HI) and drove across the states to Virginia Beach, VA. I remember the salt flats (not sure which state anymore) and lots of enclosed time in the car,
default_smile.png
. Had pics of my sister and I at a couple of tourist "traps" along the way and the pitstops - "Stuckey's" - were a favorite...

Meant to post this in the other part, regular driving forum, have no idea how to move it. Don't think it needs to be here in the "Pinned" section?

Paula,

That would be so great if you could make it! Our gelding, Mingus, is a maximini -- 38 inches with his hooves trimmed -- and has no problem with both Keith and me in the easy entry. He is strong and spirited and great with "guest" drivers. We usually bring both our easy entry and our HyperBike, and are always willing to share.

Another one of our regulars brings her Shetland stallion, and we all typically take turns driving each other's horses.

We'd love to have you join us! As additional incentive, Leia (hobbyhorse on this forum) has promised to make it up for this summer's drive -- she was an original member of the NW Beachdrivers.

I'm sure you've seen this, but here's a video of our 2008 beach drive, filmed and edited by BigDogsLittleHorses. The first part is filmed where we camp, and the second part is on the beach.

It's always is a great time!

I should probably provide some identification:

That's Mingus, the tall bay, my husband, Keith, and me harnessing and trying out our (then) new easy entry cart. Next up is Kody (chestnut) with Leia Gibson (hobbyhorse). Mingus and Kody have always been very competitive, so their unplanned race is par for the course. The next part is at the Seaview beach access in Long Beach, where you see Mingus, Keith and me, then Daryl's mare, Dancer (chestnut with flaxen mane), and Liz McMaster (nootka) and Mouse as we hitch up. On the beach you see Bob Graham driving Dancer in the HyperBike, Daryl filming as he drives Dancer, Leia and Kody cutting cookies, and finally Mingus and me.

I am in Frankfort, IL ( horses are boarded in Peotone, IL ). Most times i drive in northwest IN, as I belong to the carriage club there and there are several cart friendly trails available. I go to the National Drive every fall, and look forward to meeting several forum members there every year!

Awesome Idea! I am in Sun River, MT and would LOVE to have company to drive!

I am in London, Kentucky. I am not too terribly far from where Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia meet and I am about an hour south of Lexington. I do not have a horse going in the cart at the moment, but I hope to have one or two going (one for me and one to sell) in the next few weeks.

Hello,

I live near Lake Mille Lacs, MN. We are not 'on' the lake, it is just the easiest geographic landmark

Would love to drive with company!

Thanks for starting this post!

Awesome idea Mona! I'm located in Shirleysburg, PA (south central PA). I have one driver and I'm currently starting another so I can eventually have a team to drive. I would love to get together with others - I can also gather up a few friends that have minis that drive as well if we need a big group!

I am just starting my mini driving, but I'm in Nottingham, PA (near Rising Sun, MD) and would love to get in touch with other mini owners and drivers!

Don't have my mini yet but would love to find somebody to drive with on occasion. I'm in Lancaster PA. I hope to be ready to start going out by mid September.

Linda

It seems like there are quite a few folks from PA! I am in central PA, near Tyrone - and we are always up for a ride
default_smile.png

We are up and driving. Went to Hibernia Park (Chester County, PA) last night for the first time. Anybody want to meet at Hibernia sometime or somewhere else in Lancaster or Chester or even Berks county?

Linda

Mine are still babies, so they know nothing but how to be terribly annoyingly cute n nosy! Think 'naughty puppies' and that would be close.

We're in Virginia.

mkmk.jpg

mmk.jpg

Latest posts

Back