When life blows up in your face? Feeling broken and hopeless.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGStables

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right spot to post this!

I know I haven't been around for a while and I am going to kind of rant/vent/explain why
default_thumbdown.gif

Unfortunately for me life really dealt me a low nasty blow. I caught my now ex cheating on me
default_1857272.gif
that alone was very hard to deal with I'd been with him for 4 years always loyal. Well I forgave him and gave him another chance and it blew up in my face he kept cheating.
default_crybaby.gif
Well to sum it up I left him but in the process I have no claim to the barn I keep some of my horses in. For a while he got into bullying me he forced me to sell some of my minis I thought I'd never get rid of. My program right now is in shambles.
default_bye-sad.gif
I am hoping I can bring it back I love having my minis. Right now I have 3 mares and 2 weanling colts. One mare I am offering for sale as she dose not fit in with what I am doing. And selling my one mare turned into an absolute nightmare!
default_crybaby.gif

I am not going to play the name game but I sold her and her colt to what was suppose to be a forever home. Well it was definitely not that, barely a week later this woman took Jazz off his dam and was dumping him for pennies. I bought him back and shipped him home but that has really made my hate people more. How can someone take advantage of another persons hard time like that then make it even worst?
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

I also show big horses I have NOT allowed the ex to effect them I am NOT saying the minis are any less then they are I don't know how to explain it. So I am now down to 10 horses, 5 minis and 5 big guys.

My luck just keeps going in a down ward spiral. I lost my job due to getting hurt at work.
default_frusty.gif
I was out of work until I healed now I have a new job (yes that is good) but it seems like when one good thing happens tons go wrong. A few days ago a snow plow went flying by me and something fell off and hit me, I now have to get my windshield replaced (thankfully it will be done tomorrow (12/20) as it is making me nervous every time I drive my truck it gets bigger.
default_gaah.gif

I am thinking about getting a Christmas gift to myself but am a little scared because like I said when something happens good tons of bad follows.
default_ohnoes.jpg
To have a chance of bringing my mini program back I need a stallion and I have found one I want but I guess I am kind of "gun shy" after everything I have gone threw. What if this triggers more bad luck?
default_ohnoes.jpg

I honestly don't think I have ever felt this down and depressed in a long time, I am not even looking forward to Christmas anymore.
default_crybaby.gif
default_no.gif

Right now I feel totally broken and hopeless.
default_unsure.png

{{{Hugs}}} So sorry that you are going through these trying times. Hopefully this coming New Year will bring with it good luck and many blessings just for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lois

I feel for you and am so sorry you are having a rough time. Keep your head up it will get better with time I promise. A few years ago I had a massive falling out with a family member and had to move my whole herd in a hurry (like five days hurry). I had no place to live, no barn, my horses spent the year living in a garage in a box and I in a camper. In reality it was for the best to get out of the bad living situation. So if you are in a safe place, buy yourself that colt. You got out of an unhealthy relationship, honestly you deserve sooo muchbbetter. Make your own luck and turn your life around yourself. Best of luck to you and remember your forum friends are always here for you.

My whole life is like that. But we get 10 bad things to 1 good thing. It wears you down and makes you want to give up, but I know you're strong and that you'll come out on top! You're a fighter! I can only imagine how much it hurts that he cheated on you. It was something lacking in HIM, not in you. It's his loss! He'll get his someday Grrr.

I know things will work out for you. Hang in there girl {{{{Hugs}}}}

So sorry for all you have been going through lately. I predict that your run of bad luck is officially over.

I hope you have a great holiday season and that there are lots of good things in your future.

So sorry... BUT be strong and do the best you can no matter what hits you.. Things will get better.. just takes time..

First of all I want to say that I am sorry you are going through these tribulations.

Secondly, I have to say there is no such thing as bad luck. But there are tribulations and trials. Sweetie, you have gone from knee deep in them to face down in them and the good news is that the only direction you have to go is up. You can and you will. Take it from someone who has been through the deep cavities of hopelessness. It does not matter if you have a relationship with your Lord and Savior. What matters is that you CAN. If you do not have a Bible handy please seek one and you will find. Read Romans 5: 1-5 and I assure you it will put you at peace. Then take the time to pray every chance you get. Listen for the still, peaceful voice. Trust me, eventually you will be thankful for you trials and tribulations. I know this surely must sound crazy. I have worn the shoes, got the tee-shirt, yadda, yadda, yadda. In paraphrasing what I know is the absolute gospel: You have access to God. Seek him and have faith. He will give you the grace to withstand. Our tribulations produce perseverance which in turn produces character. As we go through heck on earth it produces character. ( My family and friends will vouch stand in agreement that I am very much a character, and I will leave it at that.) Character in turn, produces HOPE. Now HOPE does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I would hug you if I could. Take it one step and one minute at a time. There is joy beyond what now seems like a big ugly cloud. I once had the husband you describe. In addition to the lies, deception, unfaithfulness, jealousy, obsessiveness on his part there was also physical abuse and dumb ole me thought that I was so addicted to him that I would remain in those chains. You can move forward and you will. If you have a few family and friends to count on that is great. But what is certain is that God loves you, cares for you, and will take care of you in your time of need. Christmas will be hard. I pray your spirits are lifted by His promise. I hope angels deliver you lots of hugs. I will ask them to deliver mine. {{ }}

I'm sorry your life has seemed to be on a down hill skid lately. As to your ex, hold your head up, laugh and have a good life. It is the best revenge ;) to be happier without him than you were with him and you deserve it. If you have to fake it at first , that's okay, it will be real soon and you will find lots of blessings to appreciate when you start to look for them and aren't blinded by the hard things. Be kind to yourself, be your own best friend and I hope have a wonderful, happy, peaceful Christmas.

I am sorry that you have been betrayed by those you trusted, it is crushing I know. Keep the faith, it will get better even though right now you cannot see it.

My heart goes out to you. I would have shattered into a million irreparable pieces without my faith in the Lord (Like Vickie). Actually, I did shatter, I did become unglued, then I surrendered. I obviously am not always good... as far as the east from the west imperfect, but let me share. They were different circumstances than yours but I can relate fully to "a series of unfortunate events." What your ex put you through made you feel incredibly small, undoubtedly. Add the panic attack that says, "what can go wrong is bound to." That will steal your last ounce of remaining joy. Don't let it! Let me tell you a cool story of something that happened to us recently. It is insignificant in the face of the world's trials, and probably this one that you are going through too, but it makes for a great true story and faith testimony.

We had this awesome Honda Accord EX V6, leather interior, and 310k miles on it... haha. Our car had a fuel line leak and the engine ignited in fire at the end of our driveway -- at the end. Not in the garage, not on the highway, not with our family traveling in it, or with my husband blinded by the fumes and smoke, it also didn't explode, which was entirely possible. The day before my guts ached and I told R (my husband) that I just did not feel safe in his car any longer, even though he has always maintained it and fixed it excellently. The day after it ignited.I kid you not, the next morning in my bible app was this verse of the day:

1 Peter 4:12-13 12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

God's glory for your life may not be revealed now, or in years to come, but come to faith in Him. You may never know why this is happening to you, but you may find out in the future. He will also take your sufferings and get you through them intact and you will be stronger and stronger every day until those forces that seem to be destroying your life will be but a memory --not even a sad memory.

We were able to replace our car with an suv (Honda Element) that we can transport minis in. We have a car payment but, hey, it's a nice vehicle and it has 4-wheel drive. God also placed a really special horse in our lives that we wouldn't have been able to get hadn't all this mess happen with his car. Our cargo van, that we normally transport minis in is no longer running. She is a special little show legend that I would have never had if all of this, going on 2 years of mess had not happened.
default_smile.png
Of course there is more to the story, much more, just as I am sure there is more to your story.

Be well, have faith, and if you need some faith injections, pick up a new testament and read it. Helps scare the bad circumstances out of your life. It also helps me to behave myself!!! A million-strength hug and a prayer for guidance and stability.

So sorry you are going through this but I say you deserve to buy yourself a Christmas present and if you've found the boy of your dreams, go for it.

Thanks guys I feel like the past few months I have been waving the white flag
default_giveup.gif
and screaming uncle to all this bad luck.

On a good note. I bought the mini stud and brought him home last night, My ex can bite me (not literally) He is a gorgeous little boy by a stallion I ALWAYS loved. His name is Little Kings Russian Wind he is a son of Little Kings White Russian. He is a little gentleman to handle a bitof a brat with the ladies he really wants to see his new girls hahahaha can't blame him! He will be getting a hair cut today so he has a bridle path again his mane is sooooo long and his tail drags on the ground.

Latest posts

Back