When it rains it pours.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great news Becky, and I am sure a huge relief for you. Don't ya just want to lock them up in a padded cell sometimes!

Hang in there!
default_saludando.gif

Stac

Becky, I am so sorry for the ordeal that you have had to go through with this filly. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run.

Hi Becky,

That sounds like good news, finally! I do hope she continues to improve for you.

Beth

Still up and down here. Vet wanted to come by yesterday afternoon to see the filly. Everything seemed to be going well up until that point. Or so I thought. Vet got here and as we walked into the barn and looked at the filly the vet commented that she had snot coming out of her nose. I looked further and the filly was coughing and gagging and making lurching motions. I said I think she's choking. The vet went to find some tubing she could run to try to dislodge whatever it was. Finally found some small flexible tubing and hoped she could get that down and that it would push the mass on through. Finally got it down and the filly showed immediate relief! Good grief! I had just seen the filly about two hours prior and all was well. Quick inspection of the eye didn't show any real changes. Keep treating it.

But, the vet wanted the filly muzzled and only allowed to nurse every two hours overnight until she saw her again this morning. What a fun night last night was, but the filly seemed to do ok. Antibiotics started up again along with banamine and the other meds.

All seems to be ok today with no more episodes. I turned them out for the night and shot a few pics finally. Filly was hopping and bucking so it was hard to catch her still.

Those that think Drama Queen is a good name, I'm beginning to think Death Wish is more appropriate!!

Sasakwafilly8-11-08017.jpg

Sasakwafilly8-11-08021.jpg

Sasakwafilly8-11-08024.jpg

Sasakwafilly8-11-08029.jpg

Sasakwafilly8-11-08030.jpg

I wanted to add that the chest wound has healed extremely well and I think there will be little if any scarring. You can see the cloudy look to her left eye in a couple of the pictures. The young vet that is working on her has gone above and beyond to try to fix her. After a grueling, sleepless week of internship at Oakridge Equine Hospital, Dr Sparks dropped by on her way home this morning for the weekend to drop off a new antibiotic and told me to call her on her cell phone if there was any problem with the filly this weekend. What a caring vet she is!
default_aktion033.gif

OMG!!! She is the cutest little filly
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
I would bring "Miracle" into her name before "Death" if she were mine...
default_wink.png

She looks great, Becky, especially considering all she's gone through in her very short life!! Sasakwa must be a very good mom.

Becky,

She is just beautiful. I cannot believe that she choked too! Goodness gracious. She is just an accident waiting happen.
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

Those that think Drama Queen is a good name, I'm beginning to think Death Wish is more appropriate!!
In spite of it all, she's still a lovely little thing. I hope her (and your) weekend has been uneventful. What about Pandora? Despite everything she's put you through--there's always hope.
default_smile.png

You and that little one have been through so much already - there must be something pretty special in store for that little cutie
default_wub.png
Gosh, and choke too?? Here I thought *I* had the bad luck fairy following me around but that little girl is her own little drama magnet
default_wacko.png

Best of luck with her! Your vet sounds wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a little doll! She seems to acting just fine so that would be good news?

How about

Hope or Miracle in her name?

Becky, I think you need to have your own little "Miracle." She is gorgeous and hopefully will quit giving you so many problems!
default_rolleyes.gif
I was wondering what woman vet you were talking about. I believe that Dr. Sparks was the one that was helping with CowboyCassanova when he had his colic surgery. If so, I was surely impressed with her.

Rita

Oh My Goodness, Becky. I just now saw this post about your beautiful little girl. I do remember when she was first born but this is the first I've seen about all of her new "insults"...Thank goodness she is doing better in some areas..My thoughts and prayers will go out for a complete speedy recovery for her and some stress relief for you and special thoughts and prayers for your great vets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Becky, she's darling and Im happy to hear she is doing better. I think she should be named Redrocks Good News!! Or maybe nameing her after your wonderful young vet would be a nice gesture too.

Heidi

Latest posts

Back