When do you exercise your horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwest2u2

Reaction score
I need some opinions on this matter, I need to work my minis before fair. I want to do it before they eat. But my husband gets home before me a lot of the time from work and feeds. He says they need to be feed every 12 hours or as close to it. I don't think I should work them right after eating. Then it is getting late if I wait a few hours. Should I wait or is that just for swimming
wacko.gif

I always work them before eating and do not feed them until they are completely cooled off.
yes.gif

J&HMinis said:
I always work them before eating and do not feed them until they are completely cooled off. 
yes.gif

444844[/snapback]

Exactly!!
aktion033.gif

I wouldn't want to run around with a full belly that's for sure
laugh.gif

And for me cooling off is not just when their nostrils aren't flaring anymore. I walk them out till their body temp is cool, and if I'm not sure I keep walking.

[SIZE=14pt]I work them about an hour before they eat. They digest better that way and the muscle builds better that way. Muscle grows buy miniscule parts of it breaking down to create more and that healing time requires food to be the most beneficial.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I also excersize before they eat and feed after they have cooled down. I usually rinse them off as well if it is really hot. They get a good 30 minutes of trotting on the longe line on a hilly surface

I usually run around with Magic for a while before she eats, then give her a goo 30-45 mins before she eats, Magic WILL NOT run after she eats, I think she is just tooooooo fat!

-Gage-

My boys are excercised before they are fed. And yes, they do cool down. I longe on a hill for 30 min just like forminiseasons, as well as jump them.

Latest posts

Back