Wheelchair accessable mini carts,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
A friend of mine is a runs a registered riding and driving therapy barn for children with special needs. She has a mini that she has been using this past year or so (big "burly" 34 inch gelding) and although the easy entry cart I have lent her is working well, she really should have a wheelchair accessable cart. With such a cart, it would not be necessary for her, and the helpers, to lift the kids into the easy entry, and as some of them are older, heavier teens, it is very hard for them.

There are a few local cart manufacturers that can make this cart, but because of the balance issue, it is not something that any of them wish to get into, without some form of working, and proven plans.

PLEASE, if you have any plans, or really good, close-up pictures of such a cart...would you post them here. I only have dial-up here at home, so if you send me pictures through e-mails, I beg you to keep them "small". (under 500KB per e-mail is appreciated)

Thanks so much.
default_wub.png

Thanks! I had seen that one, and would love to hear from anyone who has used it, and see a few closer pictures. The "thing" I wonder about this cart, is whether the ramp and the floor hold-up to much use, as there are no visable cross pieces that would act as braces/supports.

I have also recommended either a full collar and hames, or freedom collar, for such a cart, as there will be a lot more wieght once the chair is included.

I could be wrong, but I think someone had one for sale in Barn B along with the heavier duty harness. at the top of the ramp coming from the arena.

I don't know who was selling it though, but it was there all week. Maybe someone else would know more information? Maybe they still have it.

I think someone had one for sale in Barn B along with the heavier duty harness. at the top of the ramp coming from the arena. I don't know who was selling it though, but it was there all week.
Thanks but the problem is, the shipping would be rather prohibative, I would think. That is why I would really like to see some pictures of a cart, close-up and personal...or plans. Even if we had to buy the plans, I would buy them for her, so she could get this built over the winter.

Latest posts

Back