Wheee! Driving hours 2023

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey driving club members, at the end of the year one of our wonderful Members (Cayuse) has been sending out ribbons to those who participate in our group.

We've had a lot of members come and go over the years and we don't want anyone to feel left out so we've sent ribbons to anyone who logged time. However this is a huge expense for one person to take on each year. (6 years now I think) So this year we have made the decision to send ribbons to the top 10 drivers. This will be all combined hours driving/ground driving per member.

Happy driving everyone!!!

Billy has a cool spot! I never noticed that before. And a cute smile, too :)!
Did you buy a cow? We all need to know!
I was supposed to go and look at some on Saturday, but it didn't work out. I found a perfect hereford, but he has horns. I need a polled breed. The highland have horns and so do the highpark. I was going to look at an angus. I'm finding out a little more. He will be able to graze freely with Billy, but I'll have to feed him his supplement separately. About the same size and weight as Billy, so I think it will be a good option.

Hey driving club members, at the end of the year one of our wonderful Members (Cayuse) has been sending out ribbons to those who participate in our group.

We've had a lot of members come and go over the years and we don't want anyone to feel left out so we've sent ribbons to anyone who logged time. However this is a huge expense for one person to take on each year. (6 years now I think) So this year we have made the decision to send ribbons to the top 10 drivers. This will be all combined hours driving/ground driving per member.

Happy driving everyone!!!
Goodness! That is a huge expense. I would be very happy to pay for the cost of my own expense, should I qualify!!!

The weekend was wonderful! My daughter and I and Phillippe and Jasmine participated in a ground driving/obstacles clinic close to home. It was hosted by our local driving association chapter - a fantastic group of people who focus on being a resource for beginner drivers especially. I got to ask a zillion questions and our littles made us super proud! At the end of the day, both Jasmine and Phillippe took a turn at being hitched. The footing was deep so we didn't drive long, but they were rockstars. It was fantastic exposure!

Ali drove Jasmine, I didn't touch her lines at all, but I spent 6 hours working with Phillippe. During a break when I went out to bring in our cart, I left Phillippe tied up. I came in to this.... sweetest thing. Who doesn't adore a donkey?? ❤️

Attachments

• Phillippe Snuggles.jpg
    Phillippe Snuggles.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
The weekend was wonderful! My daughter and I and Phillippe and Jasmine participated in a ground driving/obstacles clinic close to home. It was hosted by our local driving association chapter - a fantastic group of people who focus on being a resource for beginner drivers especially. I got to ask a zillion questions and our littles made us super proud! At the end of the day, both Jasmine and Phillippe took a turn at being hitched. The footing was deep so we didn't drive long, but they were rockstars. It was fantastic exposure!

Ali drove Jasmine, I didn't touch her lines at all, but I spent 6 hours working with Phillippe. During a break when I went out to bring in our cart, I left Phillippe tied up. I came in to this.... sweetest thing. Who doesn't adore a donkey?? ❤️
Wonderful picture. I hear you about driving in the same arena footing as the biggies. I've tried that before, and it doesn't work very well.

I'm finally on the board with 45m ground driving Perry. Wanted to hitch him but my tires were flat and I had a limited amount of time. He hasn't been out for a year and he's amazing. He got his mom's personality for sure.
View attachment 49789
What a good boy he is. I hope you find homes for your wonderful driving horses. I will have to recover from Dapper Dan before I consider getting another.

I met the farrier in town today with my sister's horses. It was an opportunity to drive Billy around town. Weather was iffy, but we decided to drive any way. We drove about an hour, 2 miles around town. Billy was not bothered by cars or weed eaters. Lots of puddles, and at first he jumped them, and then was fine. I did ground drive him for the first ten minutes or so, but though he was excited, he minded me. Good job, Billy!!

Glad you had a nice tour of the town with Billy, sounds like fun!

1 hour ground driving peanut this weekend, did 2 dressage tests and sent them in to a show just to see what his scores will be. We are both rusty.

Phillippe and I had 45 minutes of awesomeness driving on Sunday! It was so windy, but quite warm out. I had a donkey who was very easy to direct and game for all of the arena maneuvers I asked for. He was so cooperative, I gave the reins to my daughter, Ali, to take him around the arena. I don't think she's ever driven him solo before. Now that he's very respectful of the bit, I've even taken the reins up a hole so we won't have so much leverage. I did not use a firm or hard hand a single time in Sunday's drive. And I'm THRILLED that I didn't need to. He's taking the bit without issue for bridling too! The halt is SOLID!!! Hallelujah!!!
We've been invited to join the demo team for the Alberta Donkey and Mule Club. We were invited this year, but Phillippe wasn't ready. Next year, we will be!
Now I'm considering purchasing another young donkey to start the process over with for a sales project. I'm not sure it's something I really WANT to do yet. Guess it will depend on what happens with my yearling sport-horse colt.

Latest posts

Back