What's your favorite miniature horse blanket/sheet and why

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divigo

Reaction score
I would like to know what is your favorite brand miniature horse blanket and sheet and why?

I just can't decide which ones I like myself as there are so many, maybe you all can help me?

And is there a brand or type of miniature horse blanket that is totally wrong or does not fit right?

Thanks for your help.

:saludando:

I love the blankets made by Supreme Equine Design.

They have always fit perfectly, and you can have them custom made w/different options for closures such as open or closed front, and leg strap arrangements.

I have some of them that are going on 9 years old, and many of these have been through multiple horses. Yes, there are some tears here and there, but they would be fixable if I just sent them off somewhere, probably what I should have done last Winter!!

I've never much cared for any other blanket I've found.

Liz M.

I love my miniature Weather-Beta's. I bought them at the Royal Horse show in toronto a couple years ago. They fit like a glove, and they stay on right, no matter how much your horse shifts. They were a good price too! I bought two of them for $112. One has a weather/rain protecter layer on the outter shell, and the other one has a quilted outter shell. I LOVE them! They work good for layering as well:)

As for sheets, I like the Triple L closed front sheets. they work nicely when it comes to show season. I put a lycra sheet under neath and that Triple L sheet ontop
default_smile.png

Hope you find something you like!

We got some sheets through Mini Express and they have worked well. Fit good,etc.

Coming from the Saddlebreds, we also have done alot of ordering through Radon. Their site is www.radoninc.com They are a bit pricey, but their sheets fit VERY well, they wear like iron and the material is awesome. I've got some sheets and blankets through them that are 10+ years old and still wash up like new. Radon is "the" brand in Saddlebred sheets/blankets. They fit our Mini's great too!

For Blankets. I ordered the Kensington Stable Blanket through Valley Vet for Mini's. They was under $60 and fit PERFECT. By far the best fitting Mini blanket I have bought. After getting the first one, we ordered 6 more for everyone here.

I just bought 2 Triple L Artic Twister blankets and those are nice too. Only thing I didn't like was there were no leg straps. Really well made though.

Jen

I love my Radon blankets. We have had them for years with no rips or tears and they fit so well. Price is not bad in comparison with some of the other premium brands.
default_yes.gif
:

I've gotten a couple from Ozark. I like to keep it simple. I don't usually blanket my horses unless they really need it and by that I say it's usually in the early spring/summer when I've clipped them and we get some cold nights that come in. So my horses just have one really good quilted winter type blanket and Hershee my driving horse, has one of those, plus a rain resistant sheet that I use during show season after he gets a bath and is squeaky clean so he does'nt get dirty again by rolling on his white markings I worked so hard to get neon white.
default_yes.gif
:

Just a quick note to let you know that the Kensington quilted barn blankets are on sale on our web site. They had an overstock situation and it is a great deal for anyone wanting a really nice blanket.

Thanks, LisaB - Ozark

minitack.com

great deal on those blankets lisa :bgrin i don't need more blankets but i think i'll buy some aT THOSE PRICES

i like supreme blankets, too

and the ones from marty- her sheets are the toughest i've ever purchased! :aktion033:

We've had slinkies and blankets from Supreme Equine Design that we've used for almost 8 years. They wash well, wear well, and are still going strong! I've brought other blankets from different sources, but these are great.

Did get a Polar-Shield blanket this year that looks really good, and will be trying it out.

i use polar sheild blankets for my turnouts and they hold up ok

they are cheap enough that i don't worry about them in the feild

I buy from several mini tack shops -- and I don't recall who makes/sells these.

My favorites are closed front (sewn) with a wide belly band -- belly band reaches most of the way from one side to about a foot from the back of the horse and has 2 medium length velcro straps that reach up to the back of the horse -- THEN -- along the top center seam there is another velcro strap that you put down on top of the two belly band straps --- keeping the horse from pulling the blanket off of himself (and helps keep it on if friends try to help him out of it). There also is a nice tail flap which helps keep the blanket from sliding sideways.

These come in sheets and blankets -- all flavors wash and dry nicely and have stood up to use well.

I sometimes layer them -- sheet over blanket -- so have one size larger for the top sheet than the under blanket.

The sizes are good and there is enough different sizes where there is a size to fit each of my minis.

Seems like they come from either Ozark, Mini Express or Starlake Tack --- but I am not positive about the source.

JJay

I just purchased a stable blanket from a company called Schneiders. Their website is http://www.sstack.com

The miniature blanket was only 29.00. It is very nice and it goes on very easily. I bought a big one for my Morgan Mare and she loves her blanket.

Marla

Latest posts

Back