What's Your Day Job?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the hand maiden to 8 horses and the property overseer, our German

Shepherd, Chevy.

It's not what I've always done but I think it was my destiny that

it came to this.

Great to see what everyones day job is! My husband and I owned/operated a water well drilling business for 20 years... then moved south and I started a graphic design business! I love it!!!!!!!!! I have also been doing equine photo shoots and when I get my new camera I will be really enjoying that!!

I work in biotechnology. I'm currently working for a contractor to the National institutes of Health developing quality control assays for experimental vaccines. I also show, breed , and train labs and cattle dogs.

Sandy Allen

We have so many talented members with very interesting jobs. I love it
default_yes.gif

I'm a Stay-at-home-mom to my 3 boys (1 of which is in school) and I am also a Live Chat Professional for a computer corporation on top of hubby and I having our own Consulting business.

I am an Office Manager for An Outpatient Behavioral Health Facility. I work for a LADC, BS/CADC, LMFT, and LCSW-RPT-S, LCSW, MSW. It is one of the best jobs that I have had. I love working with people, and I see them from all aspects of life. Before this job, I worked in Ft Lauderdale for 18+ years at Publix Super Markets, handling lots of cash in the back office. Then before that I was a Vet Tech for large animals, and still do at times.

Everyone has very interesting jobs!

What's your day job?

My husband and I are former teachers (he's retired, I quit when he retired)! And we have owned our own business for the last 16 years. We do soil tests (perc tests) for new or replacement septic systems and we design septic systems. I go on all the jobs with him, and I shoot all the elevations and sometimes dig or fill the holes with the backhoe. We absolutely love this work! We can schedule the soil tests to fit *our* personal schedules, and the best part is that we don't work in the last half of November thru the first week in March or so. That gives me loads of time to work on the family genealogy in the winter months!

I used to be a travel rep for the Air Miles program. Then I was a sous chef for a high end catering company while acting/modeling. Then I was, briefly, in insurance sales/financial advisor etc.; I still can't believe that I passed the Canadian Investment Funds Course and the Insurance Exam as I am soooo not a financially motivated person (very tough
default_wacko.png
) Now I help in the day-to-day operations of our 1100 acre cash crop farm/take care of the critters etc. (quite a change coming from the big city
default_biggrin.png
).

Last edited by a moderator:
My outside the home job was legal secretary for a couple of law firms that specialized in criminal law, divorce and traffic. My goal was to one day be able to stay at home to run our farm which eventually became a reality. Being big into hunter jumpers, dressage, western riding and showing my dream was realized and I was able to leave my outside job. I gave lessons while riding and showing my horses. I am a full time owner, manager, operator of our farm here in southern NJ where I breed and sell chickens (love those 4-H kids) drive my minis, tend to my horses and hubby and I are pet parents to our two dogs, a Cane Corso and a Boxer. Oh and also I tend to our 22 plus year old blind Call duck, Alfie. I love my job!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm a document examiner at the land titles office. I've worked at LTO for almost 30 years and have been a document examiner for over 13 of those years. I like the work and enjoy the customers--I deal with lawyers, legal secretaries, oil company personnel and the general public.

I am a paralegal for a criminal defense attorney. People never cease to amaze me....the good and the bad things.

What is my day job?

I work as a professional therapist that specializes in substance abuse/ addiction issues.

Latest posts

Back