Whats wrong with this pic?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
So the state is about 5 billion dollars in the hole. The football team wants a new stadium and they want the state to pay 300 million of the cost............hum.......yet the state doesn’t know how they will make up the deficit as it is already. MY opinion they want a new stadium, they pay for the new stadium, heck have the players chip in part of their pay, they make more than enough anyway.

Well they are pretty much saying its to much. Granted the old field needs work to fix after everything that happened but in my opinion if they need something better then they should buy it. The old build once fixed is plenty good enough.

I'm not fond of government spending, but in the case of a stadium, the idea is the stadium will produce revenue (so a return on the money spent).

If the state is Florida, our new "jobs Governor" could just cut education spending a little more and the state could pay for it. Then we could have a large uneducated work force to sell hot dogs and beer in the new stadium.

I really like sports but we have to get our priorities in order. Stadiums rarely, if ever, pay for themselves.

Gary

They already have a place to play, once it’s fixed from the snow damage. However, it’s not good enough. I wish I could say my house isn’t good enough and expect somebody else to buy me a new one.

Mind you where they want to build a new one is out of the city, which in turn will cost more because the roads need repair. The only benefit to the fans really is the fact that they could tail gate again. There would be a new tax implemented to help cover costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
There would be a new tax implemented to help cover costs.
Of course. That's the thing when government provides something like a park, a stadium, a social program or a welfare / financial subsidy... it has to take the raw material (money) from someone else (taxpayers).

Last edited by a moderator:
What really bothers me is when the team owners essentially blackmail their municipality by threatening to move to a different city if the tac payers don't cough up funds for the new venue.

Approaching such a project as a business deal and selling government and taxpayers on its merits is reasonable, but threatening to take the team to another town is sleazy.

Ask residents of Seattle what happened to the Sonics.

We already have only a 45% graduation rate. They are cutting schools again. We could send you plenty of uneducated people to sell your hotdogs and beer.

The thing is that they have the dome once the roof is fixed. When the Excel center was built, there was a tax put in place to pay it off. The Twins now have their own field and the National Sports Center in Blaine hosts the NSC Minnesota Stars. So everyone has their own place. The football team has the Dome all to themselves now as the Excel Center and the Target Center host most of the concert stuff... So my question is what are they going to do with the Dome once they have a new field with the retractable roof? IMHO, I don't think that they need a new place.

The problem with fixing the roof is that it will cost millions of dollars although I don't see how paying billions for a new stadium fixes that. They have a stadium-they can play outside. My boyfriend thinks a new stadium is a good idea since the Twins just goth theirs. UGH. He doesn't undersand that it is such a waste of money for a new one.

Latest posts

Back