Whats the Quickest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintNminis

Reaction score
I have a 4yo Maiden, who is at 332/333 Days Today and she has no Bag.

I am sure on the Dates etc.

Whats the Quickest your Mares Bagged up?

Thanks!

I have a mare at 338 days and she just started bagging about a week ago and its not very big yet and another mare at 330 days today that is not bagging yet at all. Hope this helps and makes you feel better!

I have a 4yo Maiden, who is at 332/333 Days Today and she has no Bag.

I am sure on the Dates etc.

Whats the Quickest your Mares Bagged up?

Thanks!
I have 3 mares past 330 and 2 of them have no bag yet. Don't worry. They seem to be bagging and foaling late this year.

I've had two go from zero to sixty in two days.... Pinkie did it this year, came home from the vet with a floppy bag on Monday, it filled enough that I began watching her on camera Tuesday night! She foaled Thursday afternoon. Cheyenne last year came in filled and we started her on camera that night, she foaled two days later!

My maiden mare just foaled yesterday at 352 days and had very little bag for about a month. The Friday it got bigger, Saturday a bit more and Sunday she foaled. She didn't really wax, I only got very little clear fluid Sat and Sun. Good luck for a safe foaling.

This year they seem to be late, my mare that foaled this year literally bagged up overnight, she had very small bag with no fluid, next morning she was full and tight! I wouldn't worry, but it sure makes it harder to guess when they are getting close to foaling!

I have a mare at 334 with almost no bag. One at 344 with about half a bag and one at 314 with a full bag,but her bag is still soft. All the mares were hand bred so I know my dates are correct. I have one mare that never got her bag untill after she foaled (She did that for two years) It just means you have to watch really carefully ,especially the maiden mares. Good Luck.

Bomb Shell (4yo maiden) had a thickening to her udder and the TINIEST bag before she foaled. She honestly surprised me with the timing but thankfully all went well.

Every mare and every pregnancy is different.

Some mares bag up slowly over time and some bag up quickly and foal.

Then there are some that "cheat" and bag up AFTER they foal.

Thanks Everyone
default_smile.png

I do feel Better, Thank you Again
default_aktion033.gif

I'm wondering if it's the cooler weather or what? I've never had mares be so late to bag up in 12 years. Ours are all around 320 days+ and just starting to bag up.

Latest posts

Back