What's the best sunscreen?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropenride

Reaction score
Just wondering what sunscreen is best to use on the pintos and cremellos. I have a cremello that just had a palamino/white pinto colt and want to protect their eyes and muzzles. Is it alright to use the stuff for human babies? I've also got some others that have white noses and I see that the last couple days have produced a sunburn on them.

Thanks!
default_smile.png

funny your should ask. I bought the expensive spray I use in a cream for my guys. I just watched a Horse Show episode where a lady developed a powder that rubs on and completely blocks the harmful rays, just for horses. It is safe, will not come off in rain or by drinking, and you can add a little moisture to make it a paste to wipe on. www.myponysunblock.com

Whats the best sunscreen?

That's easy,

Deep shade!

Bb

"That's easy,

Deep shade!"

Carriage, you crack me up!!
default_biggrin.png
That would DEFINATELY be my "sunscreen" of choice!! I'm heading to Wal-mart to see what I can find for the immediate future, and looking into maybe getting MyPonySunBlock for the rest of the summer. I've been keeping them in the barn during the day and out at night, but would love to leave them out all the time. Piece of advice....don't build in the middle of a field, spend $1400 on new trees and then buy goats!!! We'd have shade by now if I hadn't wanted to try goats! lol

Thanks for the suggestions.
default_smile.png

Any human sunblock you would use (SunBLOCK not sunSCREEN...)

Andrea

Latest posts

Back