Whats on your MUST DO list this summer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I'm taking a suggestion from REO to build windblocks in front of all my stall doors.

AND

my cross country cart path WILL BE DONE by the end of July, Tweet is getting BORED with ring work. I think the first time she runs into the WILD turkeys, should FIRE her up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first time she runs into the WILD turkeys, should FIRE her up.

That's funny Whit........tell me more about those wind breaks........

Ok must have for me this summer is

1. I would love all new pictures taken of all my horses. Nice ones, really nice as I possibly can get while they are all slick and pretty. My downfall is never keeping up to date pics of them but its nearly impossible for me to get anyone to help me do it.

2. Building a new hay barn. My hay barns are old and eyesores and we want to tear them down and just build one large nice one that matches the main barn. I can't stand having stupid ugly sheds all over the place.

3. Hay! Hay! Hay! I want to stock my winter hay asap. I already have 100 bails stored for winter and soon as we get the new hay barn up, back I go for another two or so loads.

4. Just keep on making sure all my horses have a nice comfortable summer out of the nasty heat. They enjoy the comfort of their nearly fly free insulated barn, fans, swimming pools, beet pulp soaked in Gatorade

5. Tear my tack room apart! Clean and condition my saddles and bridles, show halters. Wash all my sheets and stable blankets just to keep them fresh as I store them in rubbermaids. Bring everything out of my tack room completely and scrub my shelves and every single thing on them. Keep my brushes and grooming tools really clean and buy a few new ones. Clean my cabinets. Just a major dirty sweaty overhaul in general.

I think I had better get crackin!

Since we are not going Nationals this year.......

1. Get 3 gates and finish the fencing

2. Put stalls in new barn

3. Need doors on new barn

4. Move the round pen for next year

5. Pipe in water line for barn

6. Get electricity to barn

7. Win the lottery so I can afford all this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty I've already done the tack cleaning. I had a tack cleaning party with 3 horse friends complete with hot dog roast alot of work but it was BIG FUN!

I keep all my brushes clean by hanging an over the fence feeder and filling it with beach/water and after every brushing I just throw them in for a few minutes and then pull them out an flick them.

I HAVE to get good pictures this year I have two going permanent, dealing with the same problem no handlers......I might have an idea, I'm going to give it a try this weekend. All it takes is a cement block, a bungy cord, a tripod, aluminum foil, cardboard and a skunk pelt.

REO posted a good idea last year to build a windblock like the kind you see in front of camp ground outhouses.....in the shape of an L out from the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have an idea, I'm going to give it a try this weekend. All it takes is a cement block, a bungy cord, a tripod, aluminum foil, cardboard and a skunk pelt.
Oooh please share how that works, haha I don't have a handler at the moment, she's off vacationing who knows where. I'd like to get a good picture or two thats not a pasture picture.

1) Have a good time at Nationals in September
default_cheers.gif

Hey Whit, I use milk crates for drying my brushes.

After I soak them a bit in bleach water and soap, I just throw them in the milk crates to dry.

I also use a milk crate at my wash rack and just throw my sponges and shampoos etc. supplies in there too.
default_yes.gif

THANKS Marty I have a milk crate. I'm always looking for a place to lay the wet brushes to dry I will just hang the crate next to the bleach/water bucket......COOL COOL

We'll be doing what we do every summer. Adding on to our barn! Every time we get another mini our hay storage area gets converted to a stall and we have to build a new hay storage area. I certainly wouldn't want to make this year an exception! :^)

We are also building a storage shed to store all our obstacle and jumping stuff. We are getting tired of tripping over it in the garage.

I have alot of clients coming over beginning of August to watch an equine dentist, so need to spiffy up.

1. Have some trees and stumps removed. (he's coming as soon as the ground is dry enough for equipment)
default_aktion033.gif

2. Wash outside of barn stalls.

3. New name plates

4. Put legs back on a table for my tack room

5. rake ground in front of stalls of all old strands of hay, etc.

6. build hay rack and fan holders

7. new layer of pea gravel and limestone sand in stalls

Emma

Find a place to board my mini when he is finished his training...or better yet win the lottery and buy my own place.

Finish buying everything my mini would need. I love shopping for my horse.
default_wub.png

Get some driving lessons in.

Organize my disorganized home.
default_wacko.png

1. Expand one of our corrals so that it can double as a driving arena. Sounds simple enough, exept that it means taking out a ton of blackberry bushes and a half dozen Alder trees, then resurfacing everything...

2. Continue preparing Mingus for his first Driving Trial in September. He's already well ahead of schedule in conditioning and dressage training. We really need room to work on cones and hazards.

3. Begin Flash's ground driving.

4. Continue Scarlet's "learning games."

5. Hang with Thelonius, improving his skills in competitive knee licking.

6. Drive Mingus on the beach.

7. Compete in our first Driving Trial at Happs in September. After my health issues the past two years, this will be an enormous accomplishment.

Latest posts

Back