What's On Your iPod, Playlist, or Stereo?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I bet some of you are even more eclectic than I am when it comes to the music on your iPods, playlists or stereos! It cracks me up sometimes when two songs play back to back and I have to figure it's a never before happened event outside of my car!

These are the artists that rub shoulders with one another on my playlist, and I'd love to hear about yours!!!

• The Clash
  • Dead Kennedys
  • Sex Pistols
  • Everclear
  • Greenday
  • Go-Go's
  • Offspring
  • The Vandals
  • Simon and Garfunkle
  • Linda Ronstadt
  • BeeGees
  • Dave Matthews
  • Sublime
  • Talking Heads
  • Joe Jackson
  • Duran Duran
  • Pearl Jam
  • Nervana
  • Eminem
  • Limp Bizkit
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Prince
  • Ramones
  • Queen
  • REM
  • Beastie Boys
  • Beck
  • Blondie
  • Doobie Brothers
  • Eagles
  • ETC...............

That's how the music pans out. I usually have a dozen or so audio books on the iPhone as well. I think I spend nearly as much time wondering what I'll "read" next as I do daydreaming about what I will eat next
default_eat.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_eat.gif

I bet some of yours are just as "mixed"?!?! Tell us what you like to listen to!
headphones.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have everything from different generations of country -- Charlie Rich, Conway Twitty, Tanya Tucker, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton. Generations of the 70s and 80s -- hair bands, Cheap Trick, The Cars.. 90s Alternative -- Gin Blossoms, Dishwalla and so on.. Lots of metal -- In Flames, Killswitch Engaged, Avenged Sevenfold, Cradle of Filth, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot.. Random 2000s pop and rock, Finger Eleven, Brandy, KC & JoJo. Randomness, Tori Amos, Imogen Heap, Ani DiFranco. Just about everything in some variation. Rap, R&B even older stuff like Babyface, TLC.. My music is quite bi-polar.

I don't use an ipod anymire since we have a portable sirrius satellite radio....it is small like an ipod and we have cradles in all our vehicles that we can transfer it to. That being said, it does have an option that allows you to save songs like an ipod....or tune select so that when that song (or artist) comes on any station it lets you know so you can change the station if you want. I do have a few songs recorded...mostly country. That is what I listen to most when it comes to music, old country to new, it's my favorite genre. Mainly though in the car I find I listen to talk radio. I really only listen to music when I am boating or sitting out on the porch/by a campfire having a cocktail.

I listen mostly to country..old to new. Go to my oldies country radio on Saturday night starting at 6 pm WIOV 105 Fm the time machine all request radio with Jeff Werner. He is my favorite. Put away my ipod on Saturday nights. Love emmylou Harris..George Jones..Jason Aldean..Blackhawk..Dan Seals..John Denver..KT Oslin ..Mark Wills..Macbride and the ride..Nickle Creek..pirates of the Mississippi..Radney Foster..Tim Mcgraw..Vince Gill. Love them all. Ipods are great.

Everything, and I mean that quite literally. I have everything from ICP and Tech N9ne, to Bach and Satie, old country to new country, pop, screamo, both new and classic rock, TONS of Broadway showtunes.

I'm far from picky when it comes to music
default_smile.png

I like all music except anything with screaming in it and some rap (I like hip/hop-a song composed of only cuss words does not appeal to me). I enjoy classical on road trips, country (Patsy and Loretta, some newer, but I'm picky! Josh Turner and Dierks Bentley are my two favorites), 40's/50's oldies, 60's/70's rock (nothing better!), folk, pop, alternative, even some techno. I'm a big fan of Adele and other singers in her genre. It's beautiful and relaxing.

I listen to: (just thinking off the top of my head about our cds, concert dvds, and what I listen to on youtubemusic to take me away at work)

Kenny Wayne Shephard

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Jeff Healy

Cate Brothers

Robert Cray

Eric Clapton

Pink Floyd

Eagles

Steely Dan

Bonnie Raitt

Nancy Griffin

Miranda Lambert

Diana Krall

Nora Jones

Bruno Mars

Las Lonely Boys

Dwight Yokum

Ian Tyson

Piano-Lorie Line

Paula Cole

Florence + The Machine

Marshall Tucker Band

Steve Earle

Santana

Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Fernando Ortega

Third Day

Rebecca St James

Rhonda Gunn

The Killers

The Airborne Toxic Event

The Lumineers

Imagine Dragons

Mumford and Sons

Hurts

Of Monsters and Men

Katy Perry

Coldplay

City and Colour

Young Empires

Adele

Ludovico Einaudi

Kings of Leon

Snow Patrol

On my M-P3 is Carole King, George Strait, Glen Campbell, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney, Dionne Warwick, Dean Martin, Whitney Houston, Michael Buble, Patsy Cline, Suzy Boggess, Faron Young, Marty Robbins, John Denver and Ronnie Milsap.

I really listen lately a lot to George Stait, Alan Jackson, Glen Campbell, Dionne Warwick, Ronnie Milsap and especially Michael Buble..my hubby calls him, Michael Bubble(he doesn't like him) Mel is a true old country western listener, although he likes Alan Jackson a lot. I have always loved Michael Buble songs and went to a concert last summer in Spokane. It was wonderful and he was sooo funny. Next time he is close, I will be there again and to Alan Jackson concerts too
default_smile.png

I like a lot of singers like, Nancy Griffith, Tanya Tucker, Dolly Parton, Gene Watson, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Leeann Rimes, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Charlie Pride, Vern Goslin, Tom T. Hall, Steve Wariner, Johnny Paycheck, Vince Gill, Clint Black...and Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole, Harry Connick Jr., Andrea Bocelli, Rosemary Clooney, Diana Krall, Tony Bennett...and Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Gloria Estefan, Paul Simon, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Billy Joel, Sting, Barbra Streisand, Beatles, Sarah McLachlan, Bonnie Raitt, Selena, The Beach Boys, Kenny Loggins, Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Stevie Wonder, The Doobie Brothers, Dan Fogelberg, Dire Straits, Dusty Springfield, Eagles, Anne Murray, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, The Steve Miller Band, Todd Rundgren, Seals & Crofts, Mary Chapin Capenter, Harry Chapin and Janis Ian..

I also like a lot of Gospel music and especially the ones by Alan Jackson
default_smile.png

I don't like Rap, Screaming Stuff and I don't even listen to new artist's...I am just too old
default_smile.png

Thanks this was fun!

Blessings,

Jenny

Not too much right just now but I ordered the new Iphone5 so Ill be searching itunes for some good songs this weekend
default_smile.png

Some of you have some really neat things on yours! I love it!!!

There's this neat game you can play on iPhone and probably Android (have that, too, but haven't checked)... It's called "Song Pop" and I think is by Zynga. It is a turn based game and LOTS of fun. It's like "Name That Tune" and you have catagories of songs you start with and ones you can buy as you earn tokens. ADDICTIVE!!! And it has had me go right to iTunes to get this or that song I love but had not thought of until it came up on the game.

I am addicted to Song Pop!
Me too! I like to play the games on the phone before I go to bed BUT when I play that game, it wakes me up too much LOL!!! The music, and I always feel like "just one more round" at least a dozen times. That is one fun game!!!!!

Latest posts

Back