What's in your junk drawer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
When we remodeled the kitchen last year I promised myself there would be no junk drawer. So how's that working for me? Well, I will tell you. The drawer that was just going to be a box of decaf tea and box of regular tea, some packs of herbal teas, and a stevia canister has been invaded by squatters. What has also moved into the drawer is rubber bands, bread wrappers, Christmas decoration hangers, two pedometers, a box of kitchen matches, paper clips, screws, ink pens, a pocket size sewing kit, unopened Scentsy bars, an unopened pack of Duck Dynasty playing cards, scotch tape, a discarded cell phone, and a cell phone screen cover that no doubt I will not have a clue where to find it when I need it. Oh, yeah and there are also 3 small bottles of essential oils in a baggie. I use them as a steam inhalant to clean sinus passages. My poor teas! All they ever wanted in life was a little privacy.

And speaking of junk drawers, be careful not to toss loose 9 volt batteries in them. I recently had to watch a safety video about how they are causing home fires. Just a little metal touching the contacts can cause a spark and then anything such as paper can be the fuel, and suddenly there is a fire. Who would have ever known. I get rid of used batteries. My husband is one of those people who leaves them laying around so that later on he can have us wondering if they are good or bad. So, what's in your junk drawer?

Lots of twisty ties, small tube of liquid nails, a small glass dish, two hot pads, and that's off the top of my head (I don't want to get up and go look).

Mine has masking tape, duck tape, batteries, screw drivers, light bulbs and would you believe, left over wormers that I used with Seven, don't want to throw them away but don't know what else to do with them.

Which one! LOL, I have a drawer for small plastic bags, sandwich bags, twist ties, elastics and paper lunch bags. Then another for my phone book, note paper, pens/pencils/ruler/felts etc. and address book and then there is the true 'junk' drawer where we toss anything that has no present home (or home is too far to walk at the moment - like across the room or in the bathroom
default_whistling.gif
)it contains, hair elastics (my daughters and she hasn't lived at home for nearly 5 years) batteries, ribbon, shoe laces, lighters, a clicker (for training dogs/horses - that I have never used but had to have) paper clips, safety pins, hooks for hanging drapes... the list goes on
default_new_shocked.gif
... how totally embarrassing
default_blush.png

I have a junk tote, 2 junk cabinets, a junk hanging basket (3 layer onion basket)

2 boxs of junk in basment, 20ft junk shelf in garage, 3 buckets of barn junk

And Im sure there's more.

I sou d like a horder but im not. My hubby is a mechanic and if I dare throw anything away... he freaks!

Nails, screws, nut/bolts, batteries, flashlights, spark plugs, small tools, manuals for everything, pens, bulbs, lighters that dont work, tin boxs, needles for horses wormers for dog cats, old cat collar, name tags, syringe plungers, horse teeth, our teeth, old petmeds, soil tester, pads of papers, s hooks, tampons, bandaids, tums, ttweezers, caps to ?, lubes, silicone, jb welds, super glue, thumb tacks, and dead bugs/dust

I have all the same junk as everyone else plus electrical stuff like wires, connectors, etc. that your not sure what they go to or what to do with them. I call it all trash and would like to throw it all out, but hubby thinks it is all necessary and may be needed some day. Problem is some of it has been in that drawer for 30 years still waiting to be needed.

Kind of cool that everyone has a "junk drawer". hahaha....

Ours has twist ties, rubber bands, clips, safety pins, tape, super glue....can't remember what else.

Its not so much whats in my junk drawers as the list is endless but its more so what is behind my junk drewers as lots of stuff falls behind the drawers when they get too full. I live in a house trailer so the drawers do not come off of the sliders. Once it falls behind there, its gone forever.

I have 3 junk rooms, a bunch of junk drawers. Different ones have different collections of stuff!

Latest posts

Back