What's Happening For Mother's Day?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Just wondered what all of you have going for Mother's Day? My son and his fiance are taking me and my husband to supper that night. They wanted us to give them at least 3 restaurant choices and they are going to pick it and surprise us. I think I am going to take my Mom to lunch Friday or Saturday if she can go. I asked my husband if we could take her out, but her "significent other" will only eat at a select few places, none of which my husband cares for. My Mom has a wider range (she just can't do spicy or tomato things). Or maybe I can still have them and my sister and husband to supper Saturday night. Better go check the freezer! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

edit: Yup. We decided to have Mom and sister and other halves to supper Saturday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea, most likely not a lot. Maybe my husband will take me plant shopping sine its nearly time to get things going. My mother and his mother are gone already (we are both the youngest in the families and his Mom passed quite young (54). My son might give me a hanging basket or a rose bush (his usual - either of which I love) but if I get nothing but a phone call I'll be happy
default_yes.gif
The night before Mother's day I have planned a hot dog roast and invited a few people. I'll supply wieners and buns and potato salad and the others will bring whatever they like to share. Its finally dry enough to enjoy being outside and no mosquitoes yet either
default_aktion033.gif
as long as it doesn't rain and the high winds we've had for the last while until today don't return it should be a lot of fun.

I'm not sure either, do know my youngest bought me a painted pony when she was on vacation, so I'll be recieving that. I gave birth to five children, one has passed, all married with children of their own. I'll probably do the same old groom horses, clean stalls, etc.

Not on Mother's Day, but next Tuesday I'll be headed to town to take my Mom to lunch for both Mother's Day and her birthday (May 14). I have a couple little gifts for her and lunch.

Probably nothing much. My husband is having my computer overhauled and rebuilt for me and its actually going to be a brand new one so that's my mothers day gift from him. My son will hopefully make an appearance. All I need from him is one of his bear hugs.

Well...nerdy me posted my mothers day tribute on the "anything goes" post instead of here. soooo, I am copying it over to here. I had "one of those days" yesterday and my mind was consumed... will chat about yesterday and my rough week when I can... not now.

Anyway... here it is again..

Putting a photo on the bottom for apologies for the double posting. Thanks to those who "liked" my other post and didn't point out that I put it in the wrong place. Love you guys.

I have no idea what we are doing. Last year we did nothing and I ended up buying myself a puppy. haha. I took my amish friends home and one says.. "remember when you said you would love to have a puppy like my mother dog?"... "I have a puppy that is like that mother would you like to hold her?"..

Hmmmmmm..around here mothers day is pretty much like every other day.. or Mothers day is every day all year...

So instead of flowers, candy, or eating out.. I found my own mothers day present...,

When I took a cell phone photo of the puppy and texted my husband that I bringing home my mothers day present. HAHA. He thought I was kidding. That was the best mothers day present ever. (except for my children that is)

Her name is Molly and she is an extra special mothers day gift that keeps on giving... LOL.

IMG_0293.JPG

If I have my way, I'll get to spend it at the barn! But my husband wants to go out to brunch... which with my kids is sometimes a little more work than it should be because all of their friends will be there with their moms too. Can't complain, love them! Then we'll head over to his mom's to just hang out for an hour or so, then north to my parent's to celebrate Mother's Day & the May birthdays... me, my twin (of course) & my sister in law are all on the 7, and my mom is the 16. We are able to hammer it all out in one evening so grilling here we come! My husband keeps asking what I want, but apparently "Jerald cart" & "new trailer" aren't getting through to him!

Just want to wish all you moms with either human or furry children a happiest of Mother's Days! Hopefully we all get a chance to cherish the blessings that we are surrounded with everyday.
default_saludando.gif

shorthorsemom, I got one very much like that a few years back for my birthday. Love that little dog
default_wub.png
but I have to say she is spoiled and doesn't seem to know that she is supposed to be MY present lol. She adores my husband, not saying she doesn't love me just loves him best lol, and he loves her (more than me maybe?
default_laugh.png
after all I don't stick to him like glue the minute he comes in ) A gift that continues to bring joy years after it was received because we were both ready for her.

We are having a fish fry/crawfish boil with son's family and his in-laws, his dad (my-ex of long ago) and stepmom, and a plethora of other relatives of my daughter in law. My grandson turned 7 yesterday so it will also be a family birthday party for him to hold him over to he can have the swimming pool birthday party with his buds that he is anxious to have. Hopefully within the next two weeks we will have weather for that. My cousin's wife has offered her pool but it has just been too cool and rainy lately for a party. I got him the floating basketball goal for the pool so he can know the party is still in the plans.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Hope you all get to do something special.

Oh how I wish I could hug that little Boston!!!! that'd be a good mothers day present LOL

I've lost both my moms (foster and birth), and my mother-in-law lives in El Salvador. my children are in Tennessee and it's not possible for us to be together this year. in addition, we don't have the closest relationship. We're working on that a little at a time and it is getting better but not for this Mother's Day.

This year as many others, I will spend in contemplation of mothers and hope. Mothers because they birth us, and hope because the birth process is an acknowledgement of hope. Look at our foal thread. You'll see moms interacting so lovingly and tenderly with their new babies. Good look at a crack in the sidewalk, observe how bravely every blade of grass and flowery weed bursts through, hoping to have a long and fruitful life.

Somewhere in the life of most mothers, even the worst of them, they feel or have felt like this for us. For that....if nothing else in the COUNTLESS things our moms do and did for us....we should be thankful. And being thankful, we should honor her.

At work today (I work in a Christian thrift store) when a mom, dad and son were leaving, I overheard a comment the son made. "I wish I could get you a bunch of stuff mom." I suggested that sometimes the very BEST gift we can give mom is a big hug and not shout "HEEEYY, MOOOMMM!!!" for a couple hours. He quick turned, hugged his mom and whispered in her ear. Over his shoulder, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and smiled.

Thanks Debbie. I hug that little boston often (and all my other critters). She is my only baby dog. I have 6 very elderly dogs and I know the next couple of years are going to be very hard with losses.

I had an appointment yesterday to put my collie to sleep. Just couldn't do it once I realized it was mothers day weekend.

Going to be soon though but I prefer to remember my little mothers day boston present rather than the loss of one of my special dogs instead, so I am going to delay, but knowing I have pretty much run out of time with her.

Will start a memory thread for Gabrielle sometime, but for now, we are just hanging in there and wishing for better news.

since you enjoyed my boston photo... here are two of my collie Gabrielle to share of when she was much younger... She was the official Chinese crested herding dog here. the white dog is Mikey, her best friend.

I keep hoping for a miracle...sigh.

100_2080.jpg

100_2089.jpg

This year for mothers day... I am thinking of a baby goat. My friend has a baby that would make a nice wether. What is it about mothers day and me wanting a new critter...Maybe a good distraction for my heart.

I have three miracle children too (human)... I had all three of my children in my 40s. They are very special. I don't post photos of my children or talk much about them on the internet.. but they are very special to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw you ladies
default_wub.png

I wanted to send mom candy or flowers but not in our so called budget
default_sad.png

We did send our moms cards (1500 miles away)

I emailed my mom today to tell her I love her etc and asked her if she got our card. She said she'd fallen down a few days ago and couldn't walk out to her mail box to check. She's had her hips replaced 5 times. I hate her to hurt. Can't even hug her
default_sad.png

It is terribly hard to lose a dog. I should say when you are a true dog lover, a kindred spirit, it is very hard to lose a dog. I'm sorry you are faced with the time ending for Gabrielle. She is absolutely gorgeous!

I posted on FB a while back about a life event for me, in it I mentioned that I learned how disenfranchised grief applies to pets, not everyone accepts that grieving for a pet is a big deal and it's often seen by others as "just an animal". sorry they are NOT just a animal to me.

On a lighter note I had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday!!!

Latest posts

Back