What's for Thanksgiving this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Are you doing Thanksgiving this year? Are you at home or traveling?
default_xreiter.gif
Are you letting the restraurant do the the cooking?
default_eat.gif
Tell all and let's enjoy the different menus and activities!

We will be hosting the meal this year. Planning to eat at noon so my niece and her family can then go and fill up again at her husband's family's for supper. 12 adults and 5 kids. We will of course have the Turkey (20# bird in the freezer at the moment). I plan to do him in the roaster and save the oven for rolls, etc. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Stuffing (oven, not bird). Two vegetables (not sure what, my Mom's bringing those). Tossed salad. Relishes. Rolls. Strawberry Bavarian. And I do the desserts too because I love baking so much. And of course, I am going overboard: several pumpkin pies, chocolate velvet cream pie, rice krispy treats, brownies with icing, chocolate chunk cookies and peppermints for the too full tummys!
default_thud.gif

We go to my in laws for Thanksgiving, my MIL makes a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green salad, veggie of some sort, tons of dessert (usually pumpkin pie, something chocolate). I usually bring a fruit salad, but not sure what I'll do this year, we'll be shipping calves Monday and Tuesday next week, so I won't get to town to get ingredients to make much of anything.

I actually don't know! H goes to his parents' on Thanksgiving, and I sometimes do, too. My family is going to do it probably not this coming Saturday, but the following. I always make our Thanksgiving the weekend after for H and I, and will share with our friend I sometimes cook for. Since I have a turkey breast, that's going into the crock pot and then I guess the usual sides. Our grocery store had sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole frozen and on sale, so maybe we'll eat those as well. I know whatever it is, it is going to be easy comfort food!

I'm cooking, but just for hubby and I. We ordered a 20# turkey, freash from the butcher and hubby will pick it up Wed. night on his way home from work. I like to roast the bird in the oven, stuffed with my sage dressing with giblets. I've already made a pumpkin pie, it is in the freezer. I'm also making mashed tatters, gravy, green beans with bacon, and candied sweet potatos. I cook the sides while the bird is resting before carving. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday.

Latest posts

Back