What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steak again for me but Harvey wanted salmon which we had in the freezer. At least the sides of potatoes, silver queen corn and tomatoes go with both. And half of mine is still left over so I'm having steak for breakfast tomorrow morning
default_eat.gif

Debby, I want to go try those BK mac & cheese things we talked about this week if not tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
We were in town today, so picked up fixings for tacos, as I had nothing for ingredients except the hamburger. Just sounded good when I walked by the shells on the shelf, so picked up everything else we needed for them.

As soon as I get back to town I'm trying those fried Mac n cheetos! I could kick myself for forgetting them when I went tues.

I love tacos too sure sounds good and about time I put them on the menu again.. and Jill YUM on the steak!

I still have not tried those mac and cheese Cheetos things yet
default_sad.png
Can you hear the sad fiddles playing in the background? I want some!

I'm not sure what we'll be making for dinner tonight, but I bought some cast iron skillets that arrived yesterday. I will be working on seasoning them later this morning. Supposedly they already were, but from what I read online, it's best if you do it yourself? Looking forward to cooking up a bunch of stuff in them, on the stove and in the oven, before long. They're so heavy, I think they multiply gravity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill when we went to Dublin today I went to BK and they didn't have any!!!! I was so disappointed.

I love my cast iron! I have one skillet that'sreally, really old... I mean old, it was used when my sister in law gave it to me when I got married over 40 years ago. Then I have another one I bought about 20 years ago. Those and my stainless steel are my go toos. When they are right they are completely non stick. If they are slightly porous the food will stick. The longer you use it and the more build it acquires the better it will get.

For supper tonight.... We go out to eat maybe 5 or 6 times a year..yes we're home bodies...tonight was one of them. We hit the buffet and I ate a little too much but it was good! They have so many different things there so I kinda ate a variety of everything, but mostly the fan tail Shrimp YUM.

I dont venture out alot either , im much a home body and love to cook , though a buffet meal is always good to try.

Made a Roast pork Sunday night , used the left overs to make a Thai tamarind pork the following night , it turned out great but I think ill use a little less tamarind the next time.

One thing that I did make and it was dessert ( and it turned out
default_smile.png
) was a pineapple and apricot cake . layed the crushed pineapple and apricot onto the bottom of a bread tin and then made a crunchy biscuit part that went over the top. baked for 20 mins and then let it cool slightly. there is a name for this and it has eluded me for the time being lol

I spent a lot of the weekend just gone in the kitchen making a few dishes that i can portion and freeze. I have very limited time after work to get things done outside before its dark. My first job is to light the fire and then feed and check on the horses.

So i made a big lasagna layered with sweet potato, zucchini, Onions and fetta. Used chicken mince instead of beef which gives it a different but nice flavour.

I then made a Penang chicken curry and Rice then followed by some veggie soup. I even made a dessert and to my surprise "it actually turned out" "Pineapple Cobbler" the easiest dessert ive ever attempted and it will be a regular here and i found it on the back of a self raising flour packet.

Not sure what Ill have tonight but it will be something warm as we are in the middle of an antarctic freeze
default_new_shocked.gif

Homemade Sausage Rolls over the last few nights here. Didnt realize the ingredients I brought would make enough to feed the local neighborhood
default_smile.png

Homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs over julienne carrots ... husband had smoked pork ribs, potato salad, deviled eggs, and fresh peas.

Chicken patties and steamed veggies sat night here , Sunday Made more sausage rolls to take to dads for dinner tonight . He had heard on the grapevine that i made some last week and put in an order for some for delivery tonight
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back