What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For tomorrow (Sunday), I'm making ham and bean soup. Lots of celary, bell pepers, onions, and carrots. Just started soaking the beans overnight and took the ham bone and leftover ham from a couple of weeks ago outof the freezer and into the refrigerator :) using veggie stock this time. I usually use chicken stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sausage, Onions and Capsicum dish on Saturday night and I made heaps so that there was enough for Sunday night.

Last night was Pork fillets with balsamic glazed roasted veggies
default_eat.gif

Pigged out last night on street food in the city. The lines for each food van was out of control, but saying that once in the lineup , they did seem to move quickly.

There was African to Ethiopian to Vietnamese to Spanish to Sicilian, you name it they had it there.

I did finish it off with a sweet pastry stuffed with chocolate. ( would have been rude to walk past without trying)
default_yes.gif

I don't want to cook, but we need to have some real food tonight, after 3 nights of convenience foods (pizza, tuna and mac, and chicken patties); so I think I'll pull some meatballs out of the freezer, too tired to make them fresh, and just make an easy noodle side dish and call it supper.

Last night it was my turn to feed our monthly Women on Mission group. I made something I'd never made before...which for me is usually a big no-no as in you just never take something unproven to the Baptist church ladies lol.

anyway I decided to make Carnitas with all the trimmings and they turned out really good! I'll definitely make those again. Also took some black bean hummus yum! The hit though was my new dessert that I found and saved several months ago, thought I'd share it with you guys.

Strawberry Cheesecake Salad

Ingredients

1 box (3.4 oz.) cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix ( I used cheesecake)
16 oz whipped topping
3 (6 oz) containers strawberry yogurt
1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced ( I forgot to get the fresh ones so used the sliced frozen ones)
3 bananas, sliced (add just before serving or they brown)
3 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)

Instructions

Place the whipped topping, pudding mix and yogurt into a large bowl. Whisk together. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving (at least an hour).
When you are ready to serve, slice the strawberries and bananas.
Remove whipped cream/pudding mixture from refrigerator and gently fold in strawberries, bananas and marshmallows, and stir gently to combine.
Serve immediately.

This was sooo good and not sickly sweet.

I Cooked when I got home friday night, Made the biggest pot of chicken and sweet corn soup and also a Mussaman chicken curry.

Then woke up the next morning with the Flu so have spent the last few days on the couch with tissues and soup, fire roaring and flicking through Netflix
default_smile.png

Debby that desert sounds really good , Im loving the fact its called a "salad" , meaning it is ok to eat anytime of the day , right ?
default_smile.png

can I ask what are Carnitas ?
default_eat.gif

Yup that word makes it a healthy addition to any meal LOL.

Carnitas are a Mexican dish. You use a Pork Shoulder or Butt, salt it well and cut it up in big chunks and brown it really well in lard. Then I braise in Coca Cola and squeeze some orange juice on it. Put Chili powder on it with just a touch of cumin too. I put cut up onion and a couple cloves of garlic with a sprig of thyme and oregano, and then it has to cook for hours until it's caramelized and all liquid is gone. Traditionally you will then spread it on a baking sheet and brown it in the oven but I like to leave it a little juicy so don't do that part. Once it's all buttery tender shred it up and serve it with tortillas and what ever toppings desired... like serving tacos. It's really good.

Oh man! This is making me so hungry

We're having leftover grown up beanie weenies, but some things never get old.

I've been on this fixation lately with veggie burgers and veggie chicken patties. With no desire to be a vegetarian, but it's been hitting the spot. I think I'm just craving veggies even more now that it's hotter.

Grocery shopping tomorrow!

We're eating late tonight and I'm still not tired of these veggie burgers and veggie chicken patties. I'm having a veggie cheese burger hold the bun, H is having a real cheese burger. Some mashed sweet potatoes and watermelon to go with it all... probably a weird combo but it sounds good. Maybe partly because I'm so hungry!
default_biggrin.png

Grabbed a Pizza on the way home last night . I am finally getting over this flu and am craving veggies so thinking a BIG bowl of them tonight
default_smile.png

I like veggie burgers too. Tonight we had Catfish filets. I had mine air fried with coleslaw and fresh sliced tomatoes, hubby and Mama had theirs deep fried with slaw, hushpuppies and tater tots. Just got done with a huge bowl of watermelon...Love melon season.

eta. so sorry to hear you've been sick Ryan, glad you are feeling better. Mega veggies will help boost your immune system so it's good you are craving them.

Beef slow cooker with veggies on the weekend and used the remainder of the beef for tacos on the Sunday night..

Last night I cooked a roasted sweet potato Pasta with salami, capsicum, onion and fetta made with a cream base.

Finished last nights meal with lemon meringue Ice cream
default_eat.gif

We had really good steaks the other night with fresh tomatoes and baked potatoes. I could go for that again now! Not sure what's for dinner tonight but I swear, I really do want to run out and pick up another nice filet. 1:30am and I'm convinced it's dinner time ?

Latest posts

Back