Whatchadointhisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score

We were supposed to build stall doors this weekend. Who's a thunk that Lowe's and Home Depot are out of the wood we need? Yep, they are sold out at the moment. It all went to the Hurricane Victims who need it more than we do. I went to two Lowe's and Jerry went to two places. Goodness. So we are just going to work with what we have left until it runs out and try again next weekend.

We do have some lights we can be putting up inside and outside the barn, so maybe we'll just get that done. Jerry will probably dig the footer for the concrete for my tack room and wash rack. Just really not sure at the moment of anything. I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

It's time for fall/harvest/Halloween decorating here inside and out! I've just begun and it's a lot of fun. Dan's working on the pumpkin lights on the porch and Michael is trying to repair our graveyard cenetary that bit the dust during last year's storm, but it doesn't look promising. Not to worry, we still have plenty of other things to use so we are not lacking in the decorations department at all.

We got our mums and straw bails today but we couldn't find any pumpkins! The big Pumpkin Patch that we go to in Crossville was closed so we'll have to go to another town to find some.

If it's warm enough I'll be bathing horses but right now the weather is iffy and we just may do super groomings.

I'll be taking pictures for you of whatever we end up doing.

Stay safe and drive carefully, and have a good one...... and as Tiny Tim says "GOD BLESS US EVERYONE" (the kid is milking this for all he can
wink.gif
)

So........whatchadointhisweekend????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking my yearling colt to a "Gelding Party" Whoo hooo!!!!

I am very excited about it actually because this will make him a show horse for my little boy who is only seven.

And after that we are working on our new shop.

I'm doing pretty much the usual. I am such a wild woman.

H is working both Saturday and Sunday. They are so busy at his job!!!

So, I'm doing the horse chores, and probably driving Derby just in the yard. Play with the dogs, etc. Should do house work / probably will not do house work!

Also, thinking of Erica and "my" two boys, Destiny and DunIT who will be at the Mid-South Fair in TN this weekend. I hope they all have fun and do well.

I've had the same 8 movies from Net Flix since August, so probably will go on and watch a couple of them. It's been so nice, and I'm a goober. I'm thinking of taking my laptop out and watching a movie with the horses outside. I like to read and play gameboy around them so this isn't any more wierd.

Always the way !

When you plan to build something always pops up - even out of foaling season
smile.gif

I am stranded at home with my foal, so house work it is.

Might also try to get some happy snaps of my foals ( i have 4 now - 3 fillies 1 colt)

Going to World! Leaving Sunday after a full weekend of packing boxes, moving horses to the new place and generally losing my mind.
biggrin.gif

Jan

Anyone into doing a kid's PET PARADE???

We're taking Jeffie for Brianna to lead tomorrow morning.

Love these small town things where a local pastor is actually going to bless the animals at the end of the parade. Hate to imagine the protest that would cause in a city!
rolleyes.gif

MA

Miniv said:
Anyone into doing a kid's PET PARADE??? 
We're taking Jeffie for Brianna to lead tomorrow morning. 

Love these small town things where a local pastor is actually going to bless the animals at the end of the parade.  Hate to imagine the protest that would cause in a city!
rolleyes.gif

MA

476568[/snapback]

We were going to take our sweet little Honey in the Pet Parade too but a couple of soccer games won out. Hope the weather is good for you.
smile.gif

SATURDAY: HOMECOMING NIGHT!. So im doing all the stall cleaning, brushing ext early. Then im going to go get nails and have mom make yet another attempt to do them agian this year! (never turns out to good ..but each year one nail gets straighter!). So basically all the horse stuff early. And i have a crapload of poop to clean out of lorado's stall since i didnt get to do his since i hurt my back this morning and dad cleaned the stalls for me but couldnt get into Lorado's because he was in one of his moods ..what a sweety.

SUNDAY: sleeping in pretty late since i wont be getting home untill around 2am saturday night. Then im going to go clean some stalls and brush some horse's. Do some Homework, chat with friends. I also am planning to head over to Cedar Point around 3pm for a couple hours of spooky fun!.

I also started training the new Pony and decided that if i was going to work w/ him, i was going to work w/ the mini's to so im sneaking that in somewhere. But tommarow were not doing any since i wont be here after 5pm. Yep, another fun filled weekend.

Were also replacing the locks on all our stall door's sicne im a weak and need to hit the gym and cant open the new ones. lol

I don't know....hanging out at the Equestrian Center here....I want to go play with my horses!!!!
sad.gif

Oh well...it just feels funny to not be doing any chores at all(ie, feeding horses, yardwork, etc).
smile.gif

Delivering the two rescue geldings to their new home in Tucson!!!

MA,

At least one of the big churches (I believe Catholic) holds a yearly service where all animals are welcomed into the church and are blessed. They always cover this on the news, and there's everything from dogs and cats to birds, snakes, goats, and, of course, horses.

I've never gone (not a church-goer), but I've always thought that it's a great thing...and I've never heard of any protests.

-- oh, yeah...what am I doing this weekend?

It's pouring after a long dry spell, so I know I won't be watering plants! I just built a pallet hay shed, but I need to get a larger tarp for it...rightnow I'm using two, which is just inviting drips.

We're feeding Daryl's horses and dogs while he's gone.

We're musicians Saturday night, playing at a pizza/pub with beautiful acoustics, so it'll be fun

I'll be a gardener on Sunday, going to a presentation by the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon, and then a number of open gardens...gotta remember to wear waterproof shoes and a raincoat! I'm out of practice.

In between, lots of design work and other stuff...most of it revolving around the horses.

Not sure what I will be doing this weekend. Just depends if it stops raining or not.

Finishing moving my sister into her new house...
wacko.gif

Calgon... TAKE ME AWAY...! LOL!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Latest posts

Back