Whatchadointhisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I have so much work to get done, I don't really know where to start.
rolleyes.gif

I have to paint the living room, have to do laundry, wash horses, clean out my hay storage, go get a load of hay, and help Jerry wherever I can. He'll be working on building stalls.
biggrin.gif

So whatchadointhisweekend?

Stay safe and God Bless Us Everyone!
pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to paint the living room, have to do laundry
Can you come and do those things here too?? My living room and kitchen ceilings REALLY need painting. The kichen has an old water spot from a former roof and the living room has a water spot from when the air conditioner drain line clogged and leaked. I never seem to find the time to paint them. Ugh! And of course my laundry is always stacked up!

On the good news side (I hope!), I have a mare due to foal anytime and a new mare coming in the morning! Two new horses in one weekend!
aktion033.gif

Gotta get some more hay here too. But also going to a horse and tack auction on Saturday and then to a wedding on Sunday.
smile.gif

Since the boys will be home....I'll leave a chore list for them...LOL!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun lol!

Im currently going to re-coop from R nationals and getting geared up for A worlds, isnt show season over with????

Have to finally go food shopping. Though Hubby has to go do most of it...should be interesting.
biggrin.gif
new_shocked.gif

Just got back from dinner for my birthday
birthday.gif
to me!!
aktion033.gif
laugh.gif

Saturday: Have a lunch meeting with my soon to be new boss about a FANTASTIC career change. Very excited about that!!!
aktion033.gif

Sunday: Hoping my DH will take me ice skating, then we'll probably ride our horses and figure out how we want to do another paddock for Phantom before he comes home...which will be soon..YAY!!!
aktion033.gif

Everyone have a great weekend!!!
saludando.gif

Hubby and I will be building an upright round bale feeder for my filly, Q. Currently, we place the round bale in a corner of her stall, but she pulls it apart and paws at it, making a mess and wasting quite a bit.

This feeder will not take up as much room as laying it on its' side would do in the conventional round bale feeders... The upright one will measure about 4.5'x6.5' with slatted sides for ventilation, one side will open for rolling the bale inside and there will be a 'feeder front' opening and solid half wall under the feeder opening to keep the hay contained and keep her from soiling it underfoot.

Her stall is 12'x20', so we have plenty of room for the feeder and her.

Heidi

Hey Marty,

I was waiting on this post. Well, still waiting and watching one mare for foaling, yep one really late one. We have a buyer coming in tomorrow to look at our property, (house and land) and the neighbors. They are interested in buying 3 of our properties. So hoping. Also have a dog kennel man looking at it, he wants it really bad, but has to wait Till Oct. for money. And a Doctor looking this weekend to. Sure praying someone will buy us out. We so want to move. Have the hay man coming in the AM to deliver the hay. Church on Sunday.

So if you can say pray we can sale our house. Also need to sale 10 minis. Sure hoping before we move. I just pray the house sells, we are selling commercial.

Hope all has a great weekend.

God Bless All

Vicky

pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif

Friday, combine soybeans, Saturday, combine soybeans, Sunday combine soybeans. The problem is many times you get started then the moisture gets to low and you have to quit. Until that job is done everything else is on the back burner. We will go for a drive in the mornings before its dry enough to go to the fields. Not enough help to get the four going again but I can do the teams one at a time.

We are going to get lots of hay tomorrow and working around the barn cleaning up. Also going to be digging and burying some conduit around the horse paddocks. Oh yeah, we put an offer in on a horse property with 40 acres of irrigated pasture today. We are so excited and hope it all comes together. I haven't told my husband yet but, with more pasture comes more minis. Hee Hee.
biggrin.gif

I'll be going into work shortly as I'm trying to do a month's worth of work in 2 weeks - WHY - because we are going on vacation Tuesday. YAY!!! We're off to St Marys, OH north of Dayton to see some of my husband's family for a few days and then down to Sweetwater, TN to see Tam and Dan. That's when my real vacation starts. We'll be looking at property just south of there around Cleveland, TN for a possible move. Needless to say it will be hectic around here with all the last minute things to do like stocking feed for the horses and cats. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Barbie

Building "NEW and IMPROVED" hay feeders. I couldn't find any that had small openings so I'm going to make some. Purchased 2"x4" opening by 16' long panel similar to cattle panels. I cut them out this morning now I just need to figure out how to bend them. This afternoon I'm redoing 3 stalls moving some walls, feeders, etc.

Tommorrow yard work is on the agenda........................................and bathin 5 horses.

Oh yeah the most important part I'm driving Tweet BOTH DAYS!

Have fun everyone!

Friday I spent a nice 4 hours on the road so I could get some help with a saddle I was fixing (at least my doggies were with me!
smile.gif
)

Today I am going to an NHL game
aktion033.gif
Although it's 2 teams that I am not fans of, I haven't been to an NHL game before, so hopefully it's good!!

Tomorrow I'm heading to the Western Fair in London to watch a friend of a friend show
rolleyes.gif

And fitting some work in there somewhere....

~kathryn

I'm trying to get this place ready to put to bed for the winter. Scraping manure in the pasture today and cleaning the tons of manure those stinking minis have left for me the last 2 days they have been in the barn area. Moving my manure pile and changing lightbulbs int he barn. Also getting a load of hay in.

Don't we all lead such exciting lives?

I'm doing something non-horsey for a change! Going to the Oregon Ducks college football game against Fresno State!! My niece is even playing in the band at half-time. Sunday it's back to horsey stuff...working the ponies and stringing hot wire!

The biggest thing I'm doing this weekend happens tomorrow.

I am sending two of my mares, Tinkerbell and Morningstar, out to a friend who lives about 5 minutes from me on a long term free lease.

Anyone who knows me, knows this is a huge thing. In my entire life, I have not ever given away or sold an animal but I think this is the right thing to do and will be good for everyone: my horses, my friend and myself.

Still, I will probably bawl my eyes out.

sad.gif
I'm doing house chores today.

aktion033.gif
My hubby, myself and my 2 kids will be going to the Big E tomarrow to see Gretchen Wilson Perform and enjoy the fair.

Christy

Vacuumed barn yesterday, Farrier came today at 8:00AM and we just finished trimming all 28 minis..Now must measure everybody and finish grooming..all the horses were good so I didn't get as much grooming and trimming "beards" done on waiting horses while horses were getting trimmed..need to clean gutters, pick up walnuts and chestnuts..burn, burn, burn prunings....work work work..........

FRIDAY: went to horse sale down in sugarcreek. Didnt really have much exept for this 40' pony. Really pretty long hair chestnut gelding. 3 yr old. He needs some love but i think he is just like 'what is going on'. I got out of school that day bc i was over at my AG. teachers house untill around 11:30 loading straw and bailing it for the race there having at the fair thats going on right now.

SATURDAY: Friendlyed up our new pony. Planning on trying to find some nice riding boots on the internet somewhere eventually and looking up barn plans. I was supose to go over to a friends house and practice some pole bending and do some barrels but its raining out so that isnt happening. Probaly going to watch some Smallville s4 tonight since the season 4 dvd came out tuesday and i have not gotten to watch all of it yet.

SUNDAY: Puting a new layer of wood chips down in all the stalls, building an extra stall for the new pony after dad goes to get some wood. Might go for a ride on Dusty since i have not rode him in a while. And if its nice, im planning on taking coco for a nice long drive.

Latest posts

Back