Whatchadointhisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I don't know what plans Jerry has for working on the new barn. But I got mine!!!!

I'm heading off to Lowe's to get some insullation for my new tack room. I am so fed up with my stuff getting wet due to my leaky roof and can't wait to get my stuff moved out of there into the new barn, so, I want to get started on it. I figured that I can't get into too much trouble doing that. That's something that I don't need anyone's help with, well, hopefully. How hard can it be just to cut insullation and shove it up and staple it on the walls anyhow? When Jerry finds out he's gonna shoot me
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
but I just can't sit around and watch everyone else work out there without doing something to help in there. Not complaining, but I'm getting a little sick of being banished to making those picket gates every time they want to get rid of me.
unsure.gif

Going to stop at my computer man's shop to see if he can do anything to fix my hotmail problems. He isn't very hopeful but said he'd take a look at my settings just to be sure I didn't do something to cause me to loose access to my mail. I"m so worried about emails that I have stuck in there that I can't get to. Boy you learn something new every day but I'm really getting tired of these life lessons.
ohmy.gif

Other than that, I plan on just hugging on Timmy, spoiling him rotten, and carry him around. I got a new baby blanket to carry him in too from Walmart that I've been saving . I like to wrap him up when I carry him like my little bundle.
517.gif
517.gif
517.gif
517.gif
517.gif

We're going to start introducing him to a couple of the other mares over the weekend so he can socialize a little bit, so I'm excited about that too. I can't wait to see him frolic with the others. He's going to have a blast!
yes.gif

Then the normal grooming and clipping is on the menu too. So it's going to be pretty busy here.

So......whatchadointhisweekend?

Take care, stay safe and GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!
wink.gif

Friday: Finish mowing my fields and sweeping out the barn. Going to the boarding stable where my horses are right now, turning my boys out for a bit, cleaning stalls, setting up dinner/breakfast, giving Chip a bath, and getting him packed to come home. Then coming back home, filling water buckets, and setting up his stall.

Saturday: Hauling Chip home, watching him for a bit to make sure he adjusts well, then going back to the barn to work with and feed Tango. Feeding Chip when I get back home.

Sunday: Feeding Chip and then heading for the boarding stable. Work with Tango, turn him out, clean stalls, pack for State Fair, giving him a bath, dressing him in his hoodie/sheet, and feeding.

Monday: Loading up and hauling to Salem, Oregon for the Oregon State Fair. Showing in AMHR Youth Halter Geldings Under that afternoon and then just watching all the pretty horses.

Tuesday: Showing in AMHA Youth Halter Gelding and watching the pretty horses the rest of the day.

Wednesday: Hauling home, where we all will relax for a few day before schools starts again.

Erin
saludando.gif

My sister, her husband, my mother, my son and myself are going to the Bristol Nascar race this weekend. HEY!!! We only live about 10 miles from the track so it's a quick drive. We are going to so much family fun this weekend.

GO JUNIOR!!!!!
aktion033.gif

Friday: Cleaning up my room, doing a very thorough cleaning and wash of everything along with my rabbit cage and fish tank (fish died yesterday). I am also doing a thorough clean of the horse stalls and aisle ways. I have a 4-H officer's meeting tonight because I am secretary of my chapter

Saturday: Cleaning the rest of my house because my mom and stepdad are back home at 10pm.

Sunday: Going to watch a mini horse show at the fairgrounds with the people from my 4-H chapter that i got into minis

Mainly, Harvey and I will be watching over Winston. IF he seems to be doing okay for us to be gone about 2 hours, then I'd like to go out to lunch in Culpeper either Saturday or Sunday early. It's only 1/2 hour away. Wish Winston was looking forward to lunch. I've force-fed him two jars of baby food this morning, once around 7am and again around 11am. They only have 80 calories each and I think a dog his size is supposed to have about 550 calories a day (he is just under 15 pounds). The hospital said he's got to eat even if I have to force him. He ate on his own after much coaxing last night but not today. Yes, I know, I am certifiably obsessed with my baby. But, anyway, no plans but to watch him and cater to him including H is building a ramp when he gets home. Maybe out to a quick lunch if we think he's doing okay (he's sleeping A LOT).

Today I am clipping a filly and cleaning up Mouse's face clip for the photo shoot tomorrow.

Also bathing everyone.

(Mouse, Lailah, Lark, Incredible)

Then on Saturday we are off to Stacy's place for photos with Liz McMillan. Yay!

I am so excited about it!

Sunday we will be home and packing for OR State Fair. Sunday night we will be setting up there, probably doing some touchups to the grooming/clipping.

Also probably have to take my husband to the airport on Sunday night so he can fly back to Alaska. He got to come home unexpectedly for a few days.
smile.gif

Then we have three days of showing!

Have a great weekend!

Liz M.

We are going trail driving, from Millersburg, OH to Danville, OH. going to leave a vehicle in Danville, then trailer to Millersburg. That way, the horses only have to go 9 miles instead of 18. Sure hope the storms hold off Saturday morning so we can do that. Then, Saturday evening off to Libby's for Bar B Q. Sunday? Mmmm Cleaning up a mare I have for sale and taking pictures, maybe waxing my Xterra.

Marty, I don't want to rain on your parade, but be very careful carrying your foal around. Foals get ulcers very easily, and it is thought that picking them up and carrying them is highly stressful, even if they are very tame........ I know you don't want to risk your little guy in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me I am not doing anything, and I am going to do alot of it. Might just go get my grandaughter and take her for a buggy ride to a flooded quarry about four miles from here. There is a resident population of ducks she likes to feed. Then some more nothing. I am trying to charge my batteries in preparation for harvest in the next few weeks.

Friday Night Lights here in East Texas.........the first night of Thursday and Friday night football games for me. My son plays on Thursdays, but he always wants to go watch Varsity. GO SANDIES!

Luckily I get out of Fridays most of the time since away games are usually an hour plus away.

Tomorrow our hay pastures are being cut and I have promised to give away some puppies for a neighbor.

(Ever notice sometimes when you write this stuff down it seems awful boring!
wub.gif
)

How hard can it be just to cut insullation and shove it up and staple it on the walls anyhow?
Well Marty, I should send you my sister..we call her Susan (Martha/Villa) Hart, and she does about anything like that she wants done..you would NOT believe the projects she has tackled and done them well...
new_shocked.gif

I am going to watch the AMHR show at the Greenville Fair tomorrow and then come home and get stalls ready for my stallion I am leasing from Tonya Magee, Luv`em Minis.
aktion033.gif

Then I am going to start burr picking...I try so hard to dig them *^#$ things out and they STILL find some so I have some horses that look more like unicorns right now..
rolleyes.gif

Hummm let's see... USUALLY it would be something boring and not worth mentioning, but since I'm about sick to death of working on the new barn we're taking a break and going to Park City to a Jazz Festival and what not. And afterwords maybe we'll go "Paint The Town Red", or in my case probably something closer to magenta (??)
rolleyes.gif
. I'd really like to try the ZipRider they have up there. Interesting contraption that they strap you into and you go flying down the mountain on a cable at top speeds, jowls flapping in the breeze.
new_shocked.gif
Should be all kinds of fun.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
....working tomorrow and having Mia's 4th BIRTHDAY PARTY on Sunday!!! I'll take off work for her actual b-day on Tuesday too, but everyone could get together on Sunday, so Sunday it is.

Mom took Mia to pick out her cake today. The girl knows what she wants~LOL The poor woman at the store kept asking, "Don't you want some toys or plastic flowers or something BESIDES roses on your cake?? Mia said "NO thank you, I want JUST ROSES". So much for Pooh or Dora
rolleyes.gif
She's such a big girl...sniff, sniff...

Packing, packing, packing --- heading out early Tuesday for my new place in Arkansas (sorry Marty...Tennessee was high on my list but winters in AR are a little more temperate).

And celebrating my grandson's 2nd birthday on Sunday. Getting him a DQ chocolate blizzard cake and the rest of the family will be here to say goodbye as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!

Clipping three horses...Dan, Fascination, and another horse that will be at Mighty Minis. Yuck I'm going to be hairy and sweaty...but the end result will be beautiful!(the horses, not me, LOL)

Tomorrow I hope to drive the tandem...I'll probably start cleaning harness too.

Sunday I also want to drive the tandem, do more harness cleaning, maybe put up fence in the back to keep the horses out of the 50(!) trees that we are going to be planting.

At some point I need to haul the meadowbrook over here and clean every nook and cranny and check all the bolts and nuts and wheel spokes. Then polish it to the nines. And then, of course, I'll go drive it before the show and get it all dirty again.
biggrin.gif

I am bathing on Saturday for a fair show on Sunday..should be lots of fun
aktion033.gif
That is what my weekend is based around...
rolleyes.gif
nothing else really going on.

-Kris

Friday--electrician working on barn and welder working on fence, Patty's VB game, too hot to work horses

Saturday--"Raven's Loft Renaissance Faire" in garb, of course! in the evening we have to set up our fences and get serious about practicing Hunter and Jumper on the National bound horses

Sunday--my first day of work as a Veterinarian in Texas! I'm doing relief at the local Banfield Hospital at the McKinney PetsMart.

Latest posts

Back