Whatchadointhisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I think we are doing a final raking and leveling up the new barn inside to get it ready for gravel base that is being delivered next weekend.

We are supposed to finish the round pen so I have to make a gate for that.

I am moving Nick into another field and I need to make a new gate for that too and shift his salt and water troff up there and move some hoses around.

He's going to be moved in a field right next to his friend Sonny where they can talk to eachother over the fence. Sonny has been lonely a lot since we moved the fences, so now it's time to get everyone relocated since all bulldozing is finished. Not to worry, I've got hot wire on both sides of the field fencing and they do enjoy keeping eachother's company.

This is going to free up Nick's former field for Holly and Fetus. So I'll be able to get in there and mow it and let it rest a bit while we are waiting for Fetus to come out. I won't be holding my breath though.

Something else here needs another gate but I forgot where.

And don't forget to submit your doofus entrees to my pm over the weekend too.

So, whatchadointhisweekend?

Stay safe, enjoy and God Bless
saludando.gif
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

Wow Marty sounds busy...didn't see any baby hugging in there anywhere! I think it will be born on my birthday...tomorrow.

I will be gone celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday over the weekend...only...14 more days until my new mare arives...but really, who is counting?

After work tonight, my son and I are going to a friends house to take a buggy ride with her new cart and team of spotted draft horses. Then tomorrow, we have a local show that we are taking 2 of the minis, too. Sunday, we may go to Dollywood. So my son and I will have a fun but busy weekend!
aktion033.gif

well hubby is coming home from ohio tonight and im so excited!!! i miss him so much. And my neice is coming to stay for 2 weeks. And im trying to keep the house clean enough so that if a realtor calls wanting to show it i dont have to panic LOL.

Then i have to rearrange horses and get ready for my new arrival Star
wub.gif
Then i need ot get ready for congress. even though we arent showing we are helping and i need to make some food etc to take up there.

And im trying to get my vet out to look at patches and see why she has had sticky milk for a month and no foal *growls*

My MOM is coming for a nice long visit!
wub.gif
Should be here any time now. I sooo excited! I miss my dad so much and so does she but it's so nice that she is finally comfortable going for visits . Last year she came for 5 days this year she thinks she'd like to stay 2 weeks!
aktion033.gif
She spent a month with her sister and all her family from Gloversville and they are thinking of an Alaskan Cruise. Too cool eh? SO...the house is clean, the barn is great, kids look pretty... they did at least.

Did I say I was excited?
biggrin.gif

humm lets see, other than taking care of the animals.

Hubby wants to go look at a motorcycle Sat.
rolleyes.gif

Then he needs to Mow again.

Sunday Suanne is coming for a visit!
biggrin.gif

We'll be:

Getting rocks and poop out of the paddocks. It's like there's always a fresh crop of both.

Setting up my other "good" laptop which was returned from the shop via FedEx today with a new hard drive.

Hopefully going to Outback for lunch.

Driving Lou and Derby now that the weather has let up some.

AND resting maybe taking some naps. I've been putting in a lot of 14 hour days at the office with new clients and it is really wearing me out. Thinking is HARD work...

1. Going to the lake to visit with my Dad and Step-Mom and build jumps for our club's upcoming show

2. Trying NOT to get heat stroke like I did last weekend and spending the rest of the weekend violently ill and with a fever, etc

3. Pouting because my Dad just HAD to come this weekend and I really want to be with all of my friends at teh WCMHR show

Let's see...

2 different truckers coming for horses I've sold ...

Packing for my move to AR

35 year HS Reunion Saturday night

Packing for my move

Grandkids coming for a visit

Packing for my move

Updating client websites

Packing for my move

Going to my dad's

Home on Sunday

Working the horses.

what an exciting weekend!

Holy crap ...its the weekend already? Wow time flys when your having fun.

SATURDAY: Going to get my sister/friend bday present. Getting up at 6am so megan can come over and do her makeup and hair and pay me back some money from last week that i lowned her. Then Saturday im also training coco for about an hour and since its supose to be cool, working coco in the buggy some.

SUNDAY: Going to pic up my new horse. He is a black Freisian Gelding. $7,800 W/ papers. Forgot the registered name but its 'boonies ....' forgot the rest. He is broke to ride and greenbroke to drive. We will work w/ that though. Then im cleaning up and going to Megans bday party Sunday maybe. Depends on weither or not Jenny goes (girl i dispise who im temped to ......never mind). Then im planning on going out to eat w/ some freinds and see a movie. And of course spend a couple hours trimming some horse hooves!!! so that should be a nice long thrilling day.

Somewhere in there im planning to help dad put a new floor in the horse trailer (that or sleep in)

Finish an ad for a client, then if it's a bit cooler, as they've predicted, work with the horses and do some gardening/landscaping.

We have a gig Saturday night at Xenos House of Culture

As Shari mentioned, Sunday I'm going up to Rainier to finally meet her in person -- this will be great!...and I'll also get to meet Maggie, Theia and the big(ger) girls.

Here is my to do list..

Taking pictures of the foals

Taking pictures of our stallion

finish clipping this stallion

and more pictures of this stallion -- sending off next week his stuff for

Gentic testing -- Yeah!

Cleaning stalls and yards, Yuck..

need to mow.. more Yuck..

Playing with the babies.. yeah

grocery shoping on Sunday

Praying we get out our property sold

Like Marty, hoping our last mare foals.. but only when time..

Vicky

Hi Marty

This is the first week that we did not have any rain in a few months. I plan to spend as much time as possible just holding and loving on my colts. I miss doing that. When it is so muddy I have such a hard time getting my wheelchair around but I can fly when the ground is hard. I hope I get to watch my husband put some new dirt under the stall mats. I love looking at a neat clean stall.

I will be checking in on the forum to see how everyone is doing.

Love to all and give Holly a hug from me.

FLFlyingW/Donna, Knick, Little Joe

Hey Marty,

What is the update on Holly. Did she ever start to bag? I'm working this weekend......yuck, and trying to work my yearlings so they won't look like little fatty's at our next show in 2 weeks.

Is it ever going to cool off?

Well I am going to pick up my two horses I bought at the Celebration Sale!! I am so excited to get them home. Then spending the rest of the weekend bathing & pics for some people that are interested. Cleaning the never ending poop & trying to convenience my last mare that it is time to foal on the weekend instead of waiting until I go back to work on Monday!!!
wink.gif

Since both of our young guys seem to be going well as singles now I think its time to try hooking them double if I can gather up enough help for a circus. We have a new team harness which I will be fitting to them . First time the harness has been used also. I also bought a set of lines since the goal is to have a four in hand going by September.

Well, here's what I'm up to. Today we're going to an estate auction, they have an almost new washer/dryer that I hope goes cheap. A few other things too that I can use. Then tomarrow is going to be exciting. 30 yrs ago, my then husband and I used to drive little 2 seater cars, like a Spitfire and MGB and I loved them. The other day, out of the clear blue sky, Nate says that we should get a little 2 seater car. Holy Cow, did I hear right!! So I began my search and found one about 80 miles away, we went to look at it and going back to get it tomarrow. It's a mint green 78 Fiat convertible, or a hardtop that you remove like a convertilbe. This old man owned it since it was new, it has 34,000 miles on it, even has the original tires (but they have to go). He was almost crying but said he has to sell it as he's going into a retirement home and can't have a car. I felt so bad for him but the cars nice. He said after the first 3 yrs, he pretty much stored it, just took it out once or twice a month for a little cruise. Their wasn't a speck of dirt on it anyplace. So I'm totally excited to get it, I think Nate and I'll have alot of fun with it. Just hope it holds up, parts are expensive and hard to come by. I'm going to post a picture of it on the Back Porch Forum after we get it. AND - I'm still waiting for those two mares to foal, I have a buyer waiting too, hoping they have one that'll match one that they've already bought, a matching one for a team. I don't know what Dixie and Bashful are waiting for, I give them a good talking to every night and they don't listen!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are adding onto one of our run in sheds to get Cole, Kasey and Lovely home soon. Also, we bought a little shed that looks like a barn for the bunnies. It's more than they need, but it will give plenty of room for them with big areas to run around in.
smile.gif
We are getting a sign to put on it.... The Bunny Hut.

Taking our son to get his one year old picture taken this morning.

Latest posts

Back