What would you or would you test for???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BopNDoc

Reaction score
Sire is b/w pinto dam is reg. as brown. Had her tested and she's (Ee) for red factor & (aa) non-agouti

Colt has tons of white as you see, two blue eyes. For testing purposes, what would you test him for? Dam's dam is a palomino pinto. Thanks!

alltojune1%20105.JPG

Well either sire or dam is a cream. It does not skip a generation!

I think it is a palomino tobiano pinto.

Pretty blaze. I cannot see enough of the marking to suggest anything else. Is the left side very different?

Here's a few more pics...

Frankiebath%20002.JPG

Frankiebath%20010.JPG

I'm just wondering if I should test for anything? Could his solid dam carry a pinto gene since her dam is a pal. pinto?

Thanks!

With having two blue eyes I would definitely test for OLW as the blue eyes are caused by the frame (OLW) gene or splash..

No idea on the markings but for the colour i'd say he looks quite like a palomino...

Could mum have been mistake for brown when she is in fact a dark shade of palomino?

I bet one of his parents is smokey black.

I would just test for LWO because that's really all you need, you can tell pretty much everything else just by lookin.

alltojune1%20016.JPG

alltojune1%20049.JPG

Here are sire and dam. Dam is obviously not palomino, but her dam is a palomino pinto. Could she still carry pinto gene? She has white hairs scattered through out her coat and you can see her "white spot" on her shoulder. It's about the size of a dime to a nickel. Is there any chance of foal be homozygous?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back