What would you do

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
Sorry, inappropriate for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was their condition? Do you have them now or have they been returned to their so called owners?

If you have them I'd be tempted to make them disappear to a more responsible home.

Maybe they are out of town and the care taker isnt responsible? I would go to the door of the owners to see if they know. Do you have the horses?

Maybe they are out of town and the care taker isnt responsible? I would go to the door of the owners to see if they know. Do you have the horses?
My thoughts exactly, I would check into it before jumping to conclusions.

When I look after my neighbors horses, I check in a few times a day, but not everyone is so diligent about their responabilities. They may have even put out large amounts of hay and water and have someone checking in every day or two, not a practice I would be comfortable with, but none the less, it is how some people manage their animals.

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no matter what the situation, now that you've posted on a public forum, I'd get ahold of the owners.

Now if I found some in horrible shape and knew for a fact they came from horrible circumstances. . . there are ways to make horses disappear
default_wink.png

I wonder too if they were out of town. It's possible those feeding are feeding this paddock this that paddock that and not honestly aware enough that anyone is missing? Keep us posted!!!

I did of course get hold of the owners, the horses were is basically good (very fat) condition. I guess I am just suprised at the level of effort put into finding them. The "kids" did recognize me after so many years, I think I need to find out if they even want them anymore.

I am glad you talked to the owners, but yes, I am surprized also at the lack of effort to find them. I would be FREAKING OUT if it were mine.

We had a smallish pony show up in the neighborhood just a few years back, and the people NEVER came to look for it. My daughter housed it for days. It was in good shape and friendly. The kids on the bus school bus finally found who owned it, notified the owner via neighborhood kids that knew where she lived, and she finally came and got it. No thank you, no offer to reimburse for feed while it was there. She had some really wierd story as to why she didnt go look for it and sounded somewhat paranoid about things to me...
default_wacko.png

I would also check to see if maybe they dont want them and see about taking them back or at least finding them a new home.

I did of course get hold of the owners, the horses were is basically good (very fat) condition. I guess I am just suprised at the level of effort put into finding them. The "kids" did recognize me after so many years, I think I need to find out if they even want them anymore.

Are you saying you did contact them and they have not come over to pick them up?

How was their condition? Do you have them now or have they been returned to their so called owners?

If you have them I'd be tempted to make them disappear to a more responsible home.
That is called "theft" and people used to get hung for it. I would be very careful about making such statements until I knew far more details about the situation. It has not yet been stated if the owners were even home at the time or what efforts if any had been made to contact them.
default_sad.png
You could get yourself in deep legal trouble if you carried out those actions.

Latest posts

Back