What would you do with....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Hugs

Reaction score
I have been cleaning out closets and I came across my daughter's beanie baby collection. They are in one of those huge plastic storage containers and it is so heavy I can't even lift it. When she first started collecting them, I think it was around 1994, she would save up her money and buy one every other week or so. Then they became such a fad and everyone started giving them to her as gifts. I know she has lots of retired ones that were real expensive back then but I don't think any one still buys them. Or do they? I checked on E-Bay and they weren't selling at all. So what do you do with them? Anyone have any ideas?

I still love Beanie Babies.......I have them sitting around in miniature Radio Flyer toys.

If they were worth what they once were they'd sure buy one heck of a nice horse!!!!!!!

A firend of mine collected them, and also collected the holiday ones (all holidays) and she pulls them out for each holiday and puts them on her mantle. The rest of her collection is on a shelf around the top of her bedroom on display.

Heidi

I checked on E-Bay and they mostly are on for $.99 and no one is even bidding on them. Unless I put them all on together in a big group it would be too much work for too little payment
sad.gif

If you don't want them you could give them to a children's home or children's hospital if you don't want to sell them.

Amanda

I was thinking about something like that- but a hospital wants brand new toys and these are in good condition but not new and where do I find a children's home? Nowadays aren't most kids put into the foster care sytem rather than a children's home?

Horse Hugs said:
I was thinking about something like that- but a hospital wants brand new toys and these are in good condition but not new and where do I find a children's home? Nowadays aren't most kids put into the foster care sytem rather than a children's home?
518716[/snapback]

I didn't realize that. We have one here in town called Hibiscus house I'm pretty sure they take used things in good conditon, but I guess you are right about most children being in foster care anymore. We also have a school nearby that has many migrant worker families in it that would probably take them for the kids too, but again that's here in Florida. Maybe you could contact the local Children and Family services and see if they have any ideas.

Amanda

How about giving them out when you visit with your minis? I'm pretty sure the 'retirement' home people would appreciate them.

Oh SANDY!!! Think "grandchildren"!!!!!! I kept all of Glacia & Shain's and I recently got them out and put them is my old big basket collection. When Aidan was here last he delighted in each basket, one of kitties, one of bears, one asst. It was magic to watch him hug and kiss each and every one. The kitties were his favorite SO if you have kitties I'll take em and/or trade you for others. BUT I'd keep em. Picture the absolute look and great big eyes as they come to Grammies and see tons of soft sweet babies! JMHO
wub.gif
yes.gif

My Mom and I donated ours to

www.beaniesforbaghdad.com

Toys for Tots-- it's Christmas time!

My neighbor sold hers for $2 a piece at a yard sale and made almost $200.

My daughter was in a car accident when she was young-- with the neighbor-- and they had to call the ambulance for the mother and daughter. They gave my daughter this cheap little blue bear and she loves it still. Those kids are traumatized and the stuffed animal helps so much!

What about donating to the hurricane relief? A lot of kids lost everything. I wonder if they want that kind of thing still?

I have a bunch of beanies too-- mostly bears. They're tucked away and will continue to be for a long time.

Grandkids are a good idea too.

Remember, everything old is new!

I would donate them to St. Jude's Children's Hospital

or

the Ronald McDonald House

We have probably closer to 300 beanie babies. We have all the bears from the different countries. We have Brittanica, Maple, the one from mexico, and a few others.. We started collecting them when my oldest daughter recieved Pinky the flamingo when she was born. We have 3 huge plastic tubs filled with them. I also have the ones from mcdonalds. We went a little crazy with them. But I figure if they prices dont come back up I am going to rip them all open and take their tags off and let the kids play with them.

Ok, I have taken everyone's advice. I called a couple of nursing homes and they told me that the seniors love the beanies so I am going to take a bunch of them with me to give out when I go next week to read to them. I donated 50 of the brand new ones to the police dept for them to give kids that they encounter that are scared or traumatized and I donated 100 of them to the children's cancer unit at Loma Linda Hospital. I sold 25 of them to a forum member and I am going to try putting a few on E-Bay. Then I am going to save some of the cuter ones for someday if I ever have granchildren.

I tried to count them but it was too hard.
no.gif
I must have had over 300. I know I have given away almost 200 and I still have a zillion left.
biggrin.gif

Deb- if you want some cats- you can have them.

This is about 1/3 of the ones I have left-

DSC06665web.jpg

Now that I have them out I find that they are really cute. I don't like the McDonalds ones, though, they aren't that cute. I guess that is why they are still all in their bags.
biggrin.gif

Boy, do I EVER know how you feel
yes.gif
I am a closet beanie collector
laugh.gif

It was a fun hobby and still is but I have too many extras. So thanks to your post, I have some options. Thank You!

Horse Hug, you've got some of the older ones there....I still think the right collector would pay you for them. The pink and green floppy eared bunnies, Gracie the swan was an older one, few of your kitties, white tiger.

It is scarey as I could list them by name....oh was I ever ADDICTED!
laugh.gif

Also, TY has a website, I think he has a place called salesboard? Some collectors might be interested in your older beanies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a great idea for them!

You guys do them visits to all them hospitals and rest homes and schools ..right?

Since it is the 'season' ..i would give one to each person you visit and that would be a nice way to get rid of them.

Leeana

Latest posts

Back