What would we get

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I have a buckskin stallion, sire and dam are both buckskin. A friend has a silver bay mare but I don't know what the parents were. Just curious what the foal might be color wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK- you have Silver, Black, Agouti, Cream in there, and possibly Sorrel from the Dam if one of her parents is Sorrel- so basically any combination of those colours/ Dilutes. From personal experience you will probably get a plain Sorrel, especially if one of the parents is also Pinto/Appy
smile.gif

An outside mare from 4ks's miniature horse farm (www.4ksminiaturehorses.com) just had her foal not too long ago that I think you should check out. The sire is my buckskin Iowas little kernel son parents are buckskin/dun and bay and the dam is a silver bay appaloosa. the filly looks to be a silver palomino! She's creme colored w/flaxen mane and tail but also has some silvery/black hairs in there too. She doesn't look to be buckskin though so must've gotten the dilute from daddy and the silver from mommy! Oh ya...she also has signs of the overo markings which she got from her appaloosa mother who was out of an overo stallion. Cool, huh? just shows you never know what your gonna get!

Latest posts

Back