what would cause this zig zag pattern on his back?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suz

Reaction score
Just noticed this weird zig-zag pattern on mock's back and can't figure it out. Seems to be on the tips of his hairs, not at the base.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before? I haven't used any new sprays or anything. Just curious.

Thanks!

Suz and Mocko

mock zig zag stripe.jpg

not sure of course because you said its only at the tops of the hairs but iooks like lacing to me

You'll know more after you shave him off probably maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't tell 100% will be able to see when hes shedded / clipped but I think its lacing. Which is a marking. My mare has it. I love horses with lacing I think it looks super cool. If you research it don't believe the "its believed to come from a fungus" cause thats not true lol

thanks for the replies! i've never heard of lacing before - interesting.... i do believe the coloring is only on the tips of the hair, but i will check again tomorrow. Nope, Marsha, when i brush him, the pattern stays the same. i can't wait to clip him - won't me long now! i do hope to see some dapples under that hair - and maybe some lacing!

Latest posts

Back