What we are doing to help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie21467

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is what my company is sending out to as many organizations and companies as possible. The children we deal with are already very low income, and many of them have now lost even more. If any of you know of a Church or civic group, club, etc. that is looking for some way to directly help the children affected by hurricane Katrina, please copy this and forward it to them. We really do appreciate anything we receive, and no gift is too small. we will also be distributing these items to families living in the shelters. Before this storm I was a "home visitor" and did parent / child education in individual homes. Now, I will be going to various shelters myself to help bring supplies, toys, and games, and to spend time there entertaining the children. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to keep your sanity while trying to keep up with your children in a shelter setting Please feel free to contact me here, through a PM, or at work if you have any questions or need further information.

Thanks,

Angie

Dear Sir or Madam;

I am writing on behalf of Regina Coeli Child Development Center in Robert, Louisiana. http://www.rccdc.org

Regina Coeli Child Development Center (RCCDC) is a private, non-profit corporation, which operates sixteen Head Start and Early Head Start programs in southeast Louisiana. The programs provide high-quality, comprehensive early childhood services to approximately 1600 children and employ over 350 staff in a six-parish area. Regina Coeli Child Development Center was founded in 1969, and it has been recognized as one of the best Head Start programs in the country.

RCCDC centers operate in St. Tammany, Washington, Livingston, St. Helena, Ascension, and Tangipahoa parishes, many of which were greatly affected by hurricane Katrina. As a result of this devastating storm we are redirecting our resources in order to serve as many displaced children as possible. Along with our usual Head Start population of 3-5 year olds, we will now be servicing children from birth through age 6 in nine of our Head Start centers. Although we do operate five Early Head Start programs, our budget is not sufficient to provide all needed supplies for the additional infants we anticipate serving. We are requesting donations of baby supplies, diapers, formula, baby beds, pack-n-plays, baby wipes, bottles, disposable changing pads, bath products, etc. Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

You may contact us directly by phone at 985-318-8800

or fax us at 985-318-8804.

All contributions should be directed to:

RCCDC Administrative Office

Judith W. Loyd, Executive Director

22476 HWY 190

Robert, LA 70455

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Angela Cavalier

Disaster Relief Coordinator

Regina Coeli Child Development Center

Angie,

Those photos are mind boggling. I will forward them and your message on wherever I can.

It is going to take years for people's lives to be restored to some sort of normalcy.......

MA

Thanks MA.

We are trying to let everyone know that the city of New Orleans is not the only area affected. These other people are the ones being ignored by the media - not enough violence or sensationalism for them
sad.gif

Pictures from St. Tammany

More pictures from St. Tammany

I just heard from an old USMC buddy of my husband who lives in Colorado. He and his wife are getting his employer and their church involved, looks like more people in their community are wanting to help in some way, too. And I'm so thankful that some very much needed diaper rash ointment (lots of heat and wet conditions down here lately) will be on its way this week
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back