What type of show halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
What type of show halter would look best on willie. Like, what color, type :" thinner, thicker, etc" .. Thanks so much, Breanne

willieshead2.jpg

Jamie (feather1414) showed me one I think would look great on him! Here it is

It is the Tanzar from Mini Tack

halter.jpg

And here it is on Willie (sort of) (jamie showed me this and I sort of neatened it up)
laugh.gif

willieshead32.jpg

Do you think it looks good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the style. And I think green would be good.

MA

I don't think he needs a very thin one and I would go with a thicker (wider) or tapered nose band such as the one in the picture. Nothing too thin for him.

As for color it's hard to tell because he is not clipped up and can't tell his real color under there. Can you clip up his face ?

Also it depends if you are wanting to show him in a showmanship type halter class or if you are doing performance classes.

It is a very bad pic of him, mkaes his neck look very short, and is just an overall bad picture, but it gives you the idea. In that picture, it was his guard hairs coming in and it wasn't a "show clip" just a summer one, and I don't know want to dye him until we are doing bigger shows.. I will not be clipping him again till next year, for I am not doing anymore shows this year.

Thanks for all the opinions...

midnight star stables said:
he could sure use a clipping, & dying
rolleyes.gif

i agree tho, the red looks bad, it brings the red in him out which i don't like IMO

try blue
wink.gif

433991[/snapback]

Desiree,

I think that comment was VERY rude. No one asked what to do to him, just what kind of halter would look good.

Its VERY difficult to keep a horse that you don't OWN to perfect standards, as there are other owners in there.

In otherwords, please don't critique Willie, simply tell your opinion of what halter would look good.

Feather1414 said:
midnight star stables said:
he could sure use a clipping, & dying
rolleyes.gif

i agree tho, the red looks bad, it brings the red in him out which i don't like IMO

try blue
wink.gif

433991[/snapback]

Desiree,

I think that comment was VERY rude. No one asked what to do to him, just what kind of halter would look good.

Its VERY difficult to keep a horse that you don't OWN to perfect standards, as there are other owners in there.

In otherwords, please don't critique Willie, simply tell your opinion of what halter would look good.

434343[/snapback]

I agree. I do not think Willie needs a dye at all, there is NOTHING wrong with his color.

That was very rude, you don't see us going up to your horse saying "Oh, your horse needs a clip and his mane and tail dyed" Do you?

Latest posts

Back