What type of leather?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to sell my Harness, I have had a few people interested and some have asked what type of leather it is. Some asked if it is 'Indian Leather' or 'Australian Leather' But I wouldn't have a clue. It has no brand/stamp on the leather anywhere.

Is there any way I can Identify the leather? If I took it to a tack or leather store d you think they could tell me?

Thanks in advance.

A tack store or leather maker might be able to help you identify it. You can always tell people you are unsure and they are welcome to come look at it to see if they can tell?

I think the indian leather is a thicker, less pliable leather, whereas the other is a far better quality and feels nice and is more pliable. So basically, the difference is the overall quality.

Thanks, I'll have to see if my dad can take me in one day.
default_smile.png

There were 3 that asked the leather type. We told them we didnt know and they could come have a look (In a polite way) only 1 replied, she came and had a look and it wasn't going to be the right fit. The other two I never got a reply back from. I have been getting so many time wasters on this, its crazy!
default_thumbdown.gif

Indian leather is absolutely crap so you will know by the feel of it. If your bridle is stiff and thick and rough, its probably indian leather. Many won't touch it with a barge pole..

Latest posts

Back