What to wear, what to wear

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropenride

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to try my first ever driving classes.
default_unsure.png
It's a small local show to end the year. I'm using my ee cart, nice harness, got her clipped and prepped......thought I was ready but now can't decide what to wear!! The first class is before 5 pm and the second is after, I was planning on black showmanship pants with a black turtleneck and a cool sequined vest (red, blue, gold, white). No hat. My feet will show, but I'm wearing my grey dress boots. Chewing my nails and second guessing myself
default_wacko.png
What do YOU ALL think? Opinons and suggestions GREATLY appreciated!!!
default_smile.png

I think what you stated is perfect. You'll look gorgeous :) Good luck to you!!!!! Also when your out there don't forget to breath, relax and have FUN!!!!! TJ

Don't forget the most important thing to wear ---- a SMILE!!
default_smile.png

If you have been driving the horse for a while and this is just your first time to drive at show, relax. You and your horse both know what to do so just pretend you are in your own back yard. You won't go wrong that way. It is supposed to be fun and it is fun. I love driving anywhere. Backyard, parade, at my sister's house, on town streets or in the show ring. It is all good.

Your outfit sounds nice. You will look great. Remember your smile and keep your eye on the horse and where you are going. No need to keep contact with the judges. Just enjoy the ride and everything else will come.

Don't forget someone to take photos. We would all love to see.

Angie

Forgot to add that any drive that ends with no problems is a good drive--win or lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my neice I went to Kmart and found a black velvet jacket and a white ruffel blouse and she had a long velvet skirt. Then she took a pair of black shoes from me (kids get big fast) and she used black knee hi's. She looked great and cost almost nothing. I think I spent more for hair orniments than her outfit.
default_yes.gif

Well, first good luck and have fun.

Second where some black gloves so know one see's how your nails are chewed. Just joking.

Everything sounds Ok to me.. and do not forget your whip...
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone!!!! I put on my black gloves to hide the fingernails
default_smile.png
The outfit looked great and she did a SUPER job, except for the one time she freaked a little and cantered right in front of the judge
default_sad.png
Oh well.....it was a great experience and we'll be back in the showring again in the spring! After comments on here I felt much more confident in my outfit and was able to smile and relax! Don't know yet if there were any photos....I'll post any I find. Thanks again!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back